Chapter Thirteen

A/N: hey guys sorry it's taking so long. I moved provinces and got a full time job now which literally takes up 90% of my life. Just moved to my own Towne house so I'm not hooked up with Internet or anything yet. But good thing for data and apps right!? Here's what I managed to get! Be patient with me their is more to come!!!!
P.s: I'll do my best to update more often!!!
Enjoy!! Don't forget to favorite, vote and give feed back!

It's been awhile since I've seen his rugged face, and its been awhile since Cheryl stopped talking to me. How did it come so far? One vulnerable moment of stupidity and I managed to fuck my life over completely. Lose the second most important person in my life.

Life's getting colder as the winter swoops in and consumes the forest in a blanket of white wonder. Sometimes I wonder how the world can look so peaceful as the chaos moves around it. Like the eruption of a volcano, or a thunderstorm. They are chaos in a purest form and yet the world still seems calm. While I suffocate slowly.

I starred down at my cell, Cheryl's name a phone call away.

She never picked up, not once. Couldn't today just be different? Couldn't today be a moment that changes everything we are to everything we should be.

Hitting call my heart jumped a step and I was nervous holding the phone to my ear. When she picked up I chocked, her voice a memory in my mind.

"Bryan..." she said clipped, keeping a distance.

"Cheryl.....can I talk for a moment"

When she didn't answer back I sighed, "please", I whispered brokenly. When she didn't respond I took the moment to talk.

" Why are you doing this Cheryl, I apologized the moment it happened but you kissed me again. I admit what I did is wrong but still......."

CHERYL looked at the wall across from her and frowned, she knew he was right because she remembered that night so vividly. Why was she doing this to him anyway? Pay back? and for what? Because she was still a 17 year old girl who couldn't admit to her mistakes, so she pushes away and hurts the person who was so good that he apologized right after.

She felt like such a loser.

"I'm sorry, Bry ...your right. " she whispered. "It's okay Cheryl, I'll still be here for you as a friend if thats what you want" he said to her.  It took him a moment to realize that she had agreed with him and for a brief moment he was relieved.

TIME PASSED and everything went back to normal, except Jay was no where to be seen or heard off. Cheryl was getting worried about her uncle and I had to admit even if I didn't want to I was missing him, despite everything that went down. Now that I had a significant amount of time, to think about it from his point of view, instead of letting my hurt teenaged heart get in the way, I can see his point. We were in two different worlds at two different times. Maybe one day it'll be but it won't be today or tomorrow or next month. I guess I just have to accept that.

"Bri-bri" said Cheryl bored from her position on the diner counter where they meet up most days. Winters upon them and the diner has died out in business for the winter months. A few show up but not enough to keep her completely busy with her time. Lets face it, you can only scrub a spoon so many times before it becomes redundant.

I was sitting at a table at the back of the room watching the snow fall outside. As it continued to coat the already snow laddened ground. The wind blowing what wasn't sticking in a light mist of snow. My eyes locked on nothing particular but my thoughts were far away.

"I wonder where my uncle is" I heard her say but for some reason I had nothing to give to that response. Something changed within me when ever Jay is mentioned. It was all new to me. I wasn't hurt and I wasn't angry. It was just sorta being, if that really made any sense. I looked at her and smiled. I was happy to have her back in my life, it was a sad pathetic couple of months without her.

"I love you Cheryl, your the best friend I always hoped for". I watched her for a second hopeful that I wasn't pushing it to far, but it was true and I have always said how I felt. When she smiled back I felt everything in me relaxed. We'll get back to where we once were.

"I love you too bri-bri" she said and looked at the clock behind her. I watched her shoulders sagg as only an hour had passed since she last looked.

"You know the more you look and the more you just stand around the time will go slower", I watched her from the back of the room my head resting on my hand. She gave me a pointed look and I couldn't help but chuckle at her. She was cute.

"I should probably go", I said getting up. "You know so you can get some actual work done", I said teasing her, I just loved watching the way her cheeks puffed out. It was worth it. 

"No fair bri-bri" she said pouting, grossing her arms. For a moment I just looked at her until she smiled. "Drive safe bri-bri".

I agreed as I opened the door to walk out and got blasted with cold hair. My entire body shook right to my bones. "You know you changed Brian". I heard her whisper as I pulled the door wider.

"It's only a matter of time Cheryl we all change" I said to her as I shut the door behind me.

A Cowboy's KissOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara