Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

I don't know how long I was just sitting in that truck for. My phone kept buzzing on the seat beside me, I just watched it, my eyes were blurry and they just hurt. I was tired, why was life just so tiring? I know it's a up hill battle but some days, just like today, like right now, I didn't want to climb any higher; but I know tomorrow when I wake up I will ignore all the pain and just keep moving. I always have. 

The steering wheel was hard on my head, as i sat up and reached for the phone. I frowned when I saw Cheryl's name pop up again. I didn't want to talk to her.  Sighing I threw the phone on the floor, and looked out ahead and stopped.

An old  pick up sat across the street from me, and low and behold guess who sat in the front seat staring at me, from the drivers seat. Jay Carter. That sob!! What the hell did he want now? Come to rub it in my face? How pathetic I was?!

I slowly got out of his truck and started walking towards me, I felt my eyes narrow and I didn't know what came over me; before I knew it I was out the door and rushing at him. I felt my hand connect with his face, as I held it to my chest afterwards.

I slapped him out of pride. Not because he hurt me.  I watched him as he held on to his face, his eyes wide in surprise. Why was he surprised? He of all people should know of my reaction.

"What do you want? Come to gloat? Rub in my face that I'm just  aboy and I dont amount to much!?" I yelled at him in frustration.I felt the hot trails of tears run down my face as I heaved at him in anger. His eyes narrowed and before I knew it, he had me by the shoulders glaring down at me.

"No...Cheryl was worried, she asked me to look for you", he said.

I stared at him, painfully aware of his hands on my shoulder. He burned the area through my clothes. I swallowed hard and looked at the pavement. Well I felt like a total irrational idiot. I couldn't be here anymore, subjecting myself to this anymore. I had to go before I couldn't breathe. He smelled wonderful, man sweat and hay, he was consuming all my senses.

I shrugged my shoulders, signalling to him to remove his hands. they moved painfully slow, I turned around and walked back to my truck, holding the door, I looked back at him in away that conveyed I was not impressed with him. "Tell her I'm fine, I'll see her in a few days". I needed time to myself, more than ever. Give me time to figure this all out and let go. 

"I'm not your messenger Bryan" he said. I looked at him with a pointed stare.

"No Carter, your not anything are you" I said, getting in my truck and slammed the door. Turning on the truck I looked at him for a few seconds, I couldn't read his face but he stood there, brasive and stock still, like a hard brick; just staring at me. Turning away I drove off down the road.

JAY CARTER stood there in the middle of the street watching the young man drive away. He didn't know what he was expecting when he finally found the boy. He deffiantly wasn't expecting him to have a mean right hook, his jaw ached from where Bryans hand touched him. He was so cute when he was angry. 

Jay frowned he had no right to think such things about the boy he just shot down into oblivion.

Sighing he rubbed his jaw and walked back to his old pick up truck and picked up his phone, calling his neice.

"Did you find him?" came her soft voice over the reciever.

"Yeah", jay said, leaning back in the front seat and staring up at the truck top. He was having conflicted emotions at the moment. In one instance he wanted to turn his back and in the other he just wanted to go to him and just spill everything. Show him exactly what he did to his primal side.

"WELL?! ...", Came her impatient voice.

Jay closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose he could feel the headache building jsut behind his eyes, "He said he will see you in a few days."

"Few Days?.... WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?! ... "

"..Nothing", Jay whispered, not entirely convincing.

"That's a bullshit answer and you know it Jay Carter!! Now you better answer me before I get mom to go up there and make you apologise!!!"

Jay stared at the road ahead and contemplated her threat. To tell her that he shot him down or get his crazy sister in law to come up there and make him apologise for something that wasn't any of there business. He really didn't like Jeneane on a good day, hell any day for that matter. He only dealt with her when he went to visit his brother. 

"I rejected him", he said gripping onto the steering wheel.

"Why?" she said, her voice low. He didn't like that tone at all, it did not give him any good vibes.

"You know why Cheryl, your smart", he said turning the key in the ignition.

"You are seriously letting superficial crap like that come in between true love!? ...Bryan is a sweet heart, your going to regret your choices!!!" . With that she hung up, he stared at the phone for a moment and contemplated what he said.

Did he do the right thing? In his heart he truely believed he did. Was he going to regret it? He knew he was, he also knew this was the one thing he was going to regret the rest of his life.

Cause the moment he laid eyes on Bryan, he wanted him. In every way possible.

CHERYL SLAMMED her cell phone down, on the diner's counter, and fumed. "What an idiot" she said to the muffin sitting in front of her. She frowned, she didn't understand men what so ever. They want something, they take it...don't they?! Since when did men become rational in the name of love?

Chewing on her nail she hoped Bryan was going to be okay. Maybe she should show up with some ice cream or a cake or something. Something sweet to woe his poor broken heart because her  uncle was a complete dim wit. After all her pep talk with the blasted fool he goes and does the exact opposite.

Making up her mind, Cheryl decided that when the diner closed at 9 that she would go over to his place with cake and ice cream and maybe a slasher movie. He may have wanted a few days by himself, but in the short 3 months that she's known him, he didn't seem like the guy to just go off the radar. He needed someone. Everyone needs someone when they hit a low point in their life.

((A/N: And done!! I dunno how well this chapter is written, so review tell me your thoughts and enjoy!!))