Caibidil a Ceathair

It was around 9:30 when Ashton Irwin finally got outside of the North Tower. So many people were there. Some were looking up at the towers, watching the smoke and ashes. Ashton simply didn't have enough room to start sprinting away from the towers. After ten minutes of getting no where, he just stopped. 

He was with a group of people. Suddenly, someone yelled, "Watch out!" The people around Ashton and himself looked around, but something caught his eye. It was a person falling. They were alive too. For the moment at least.

Their clothes were ripped up, and it was around 100 feet from Ashton. The man screamed, "Move!" Which had the people near him look up, and quickly ran away, while also not looking at the ground. Not even ten seconds later, a smack! was heard, and no one had the guts to look back at the ground.

Ashton was done with this, and walked in the direction he normally drove. He was going home, but didn't have enough room to run. There were so many people blocking his way, he couldn't move any faster than a slow walk. After about 20 minutes, Ashton was about 100 yards away from what he is guessing old work place. 

He felt a rumbling on the ground. His back was currently facing the burning towers, but quickly turned around. He glanced at his watch, seeing it was 9:58 am. He saw the clock switch to 9:59 am, and screams got louder. Ashton's feet were planted into the cement, and he couldn't move. No matter how much he wanted to, he was stuck.

He saw the building slowly start to crumble. In reality, it happened it less then ten seconds. The tower was half way destroyed, when Ashton could finally move his feet again. His flight or flight instinct came into play, and he ran as fast as he could to get away from the incoming cloud of smoke. 

But his speed simply was not fast enough.

-

Luke was still trying to play with his kids. "Hey Margo! Let's play hide and seek! Max and I will try to find you!" The small girl giggled, and ran off. Luke started counting loudly, while running around the house, covering all of the windows at which you could see the towers out of. He also locked the doors, so Margo couldn't get out and look at the burning buildings.

Margo wasn't dumb. She knew something was up, and something had happened with her father. She only went along with the games her dad were playing to make him feel better.

So far, they played uno, dolls, and now hide and seek. Margo would always catch her dad having a distant look in his eyes. Margo would snap him back into reality, and he would have a fake smile. Even his daughter knew his fake smiles. His dimples showed when he was actually happy. They didn't show since the Irwin's had felt the first shake. 

She was hiding under her parents bed, and could smell their scents. They had two very different smells. Her dad always smelled like strawberries, while her father smelled like mint and vanilla. When she was underneath the middle of the bed, both smells were mixing. 

Her bright blue eyes soon gathered tears in them. Her father wasn't okay. 

It has now been about two minutes, and she hears Luke call out, "Baby girl! I'm coming to find you!" Margo had a small smile, and she could actually feel her dimple. She got her father's dimples. They always appeared, even if she was just talking. 

She heard the footsteps come up the stairs, and she held in her giggles. He tears went away, as her four year old mind was only focused on the feet she saw walking around.

Luke opened the closet door, to see if Margo was in there. The blonde still had Max in his arms. He then went to the bathroom, and saw she wasn't in there. He saw the shower curtain was closed, so he opened it, only to get a bit of water on him. It was left on the walls from when Luke got his shower after Ashton. 

He quickly swung the curtain back, and walked out of the bathroom, while holding Max. The small boy reached up to grab the blonde hair. Max softly tugged on the blonde hair, making Luke laugh. He then got an idea as to where his daughter was. Under his bed. It just clicked, since she always hid in his and his husband's room. 

He set Max down on their bed, and Luke layed on his stomach. He saw the bright blue eyes that matched his own shine from under the bed. Margo giggled when she made eye contact with her dad. "Alright silly, let's get out from there."

Margo started to army crawl out from under the bed, when another rumbling sound was hear. Luke glanced at the clock, and he saw 9:59 am in bright red numbers. 

Luke gasped as he felt the ground still shaking. Margo whimpered, and held her arms out. Luke quickly pulled her out from under the king sized bed. He held his baby girl against his chest, while the sound was followed by a huge crash. 

He stood up, while Max was still sitting on the bed. Luke sighed, and grabbed Max as well. It was hard, but he made it work. He ran down the steps, and looked out the window again. 

There was only one tower now.

-

-im boss at updating this book-

-mikey {24-Septemeber-2016}