Caibidil a Hocht

As Ashton gave the officer the directions to his house, he could see the damage done. The ash everywhere. The tears everywhere. People were reunited with loved ones who were covered in ash, and Ashton couldn't wait for that to be him and Luke. Both men were less than half a mile away, from the Irwin house.

It was step after step, and it was painful. Both of Ashton's legs hurt, thanks to walking about a mile on one leg, while his other was trapped under building parts. He sighed, and told the officer, "I need a break." The officer nodded, and sat Ashton down on the curb. 

The officer sighed, "I find it funny I didn't even get your name." He chuckled, trying to get the mood slightly up, while also making Ashton forget about the pain in his legs. "I'm Ashton." The married man said. The cop nodded, "Okay. I'm officer Hood, but you can call me Calum." 

Ashton nodded, "Great to meet you, just under bad circumstances." Calum nodded in agreement. "So, you're heading home, got anyone special there?" The married man smiled, "Yeah, I do." 

"What's their name?" The officer asked, respecting if they were male or female or non-binary. "His name is Luke. And our kids, Margo and Max." The hurt man said, with a smile on his face. He saw the cop nod, "I have a boyfriend. His name is Michael." 

"That's nice. Is he worried about you right now?" Ashton questioned. He glanced down at his own knee, and grimaced. It didn't look right. "Yeah. I believe that he thinks I'm dead. I haven't answered any of his calls."

"Why?"

"I need to do my job. As much as I love him, I know that he is okay right now. I need to help other people who are not okay."

"That's actually makes sense." The older man said in reply. "How about you call him now? I mean, we are just sitting here."

Calum nodded, and pulled his phone out. He dialed the familiar number, and put it up to his ear. Ashton was close enough to hear their conversation.

"C-Calum?" He heard a high pitched voice say.

"Yeah Mikey, it's me."

Ashton heard a sigh, and a loud, "Thank fuck!" He chuckled, and heard, "Calum! I thought you were dead! You scared me so much!" Ashton looked down at the road, and that's probably what Luke was thinking of right now. How much Ashton scared Luke. His Luke probably though Ashton was dead.

Calum looked over to Ashton, and said, "I'm alive. I'm okay. But I have to go back to doing my job. I'll see you soon baby. I love you."

"I love you too" was heard, and then Michael hung up. Calum put his phone away, and stood up. "Yeah, we're getting you home now."He put his hands out, and Ashton pulled himself up again. They went back to the position they were in before, and started to take more steps.

Within thirty minutes, the two men could see the Irwin house. Ashton noticed how the windows were completely shut, which wasn't normal. He took step after step, wanting to get home. He was so close to getting in the house. 

So close.

-

Luke had now given up on looking out the windows. he wanted to stop giving himself false hope. It had finally sunk in his brain that his husband was dead. He was not coming home. Ashton F. Irwin had lived a good long life. He had a good job, a wonder family at that too. 

July 7 1982 - September 11 2001.

He was still sitting at the table, with his head down. Margo was doing whatever with her brother. He was letting the tears roll down his cheeks. 

Luke had always thought that when he first met Ashton, they would grow old together. Now, Luke is 27, crying his eyes out due to the love of his life being gone. 

He was going to be single dad from now on. He had no means of support. Luke was a stay at home father. He would have to get a job, or something. Both of their families lived in Sydney Australia. 

Luke picked up his head, and wiped his tears. He grabbed his computer from the counter, and started looking for apartments near where his mum and dad lived. He figured he wouldn't get to keep the house for long, since no one could pay for it. Ashton's job was what kept them with a nice amount of money, but Ashton was not here anymore.

After thirty minutes of looking, he sighed. He forgot all about what he was taught. The blonde had grown up in Australia, as well as Ashton. They moved to America, when they wanted to have a fresh start basically. Luke forgot how to use kilometres, and was used to miles instead. 

He wasn't used to the money too. He had grown up knowing nothing but the life he had in Australia. When he was about to give up, he closed the tabs he had, and slammed the lid shut. 

He placed his face in his hands again, and wanted to give up. He just wanted everything to keep going, but he couldn't. Ashton was his rock, he kept him sane, and now Ashton isn't here.

"Daddy! Come look!" Luke heard Margo scream. He furrowed his eyebrows, and quickly got up from his seat. He saw her looking out the window, and quickly grabbed her, and shut it again. 

"Margo, don't do that. Just, please don't." Luke said, with no energy left in him. He placed the girl on the couch, when she said, "Daddy, no! Look outside!"

Luke sighed, and said, "No Margo. I'd rather not." He had a reason. He didn't want to see the empty skyline. He didn't want to see the clear blue sky. He wanted to see the towers, but he knew damn well he wouldn't.

The blonde sat down next to his daughter, and saw Max on the floor. He sighed, and picked up his younger kid. He started to play with Max, wanting him to feel loved. Luke had felt he was giving more attention to Margo, so he stayed with Max. That only lasted for a minute or so, when Luke Irwin and heard a knock on the door.

He stood up, giving Max to Margo. He placed his hand on the handle, and slowly opened the door.

-

-cliffhanger, i plan to finish this book today or tomorrow. i'll update the next chapter soon-

-mikey {1-October-2016}