5. Crucio!

As a Death Eater:

“Here, now!” I ordered a poor house elf. “Yes mistress?” it whimpered. My ‘mother’, Bella, had asked me to practice the Unforgivable Curses by the time she came to see me. It terrified me; me bringing so much pain to other living beings. But I had to do it, unless I wanted to suffer my mother’s displeasure, which meant, if I didn’t do as she said, I would be suffering under the Cruciatus curse. My heart whimpered like the house elf’s but my face was calm. Afterall, I was a death eater. I was meant to do this.

The elf’s eyes stayed down. “What’s your name?” I asked as harshly as I could. I could not afford to be weak. “Winnie,” the house elf said quietly, her big orb-like eyes seeming to fill with tears. My heart tightened. That’s right Elvis! Be weak like a Muggle!! My voice repeated my mother’s words. No, I took a deep breath, I had to do it. Make the elf suffer under the cruciatus curse. I was not allowed to kill house elves (thank god for that) but I HAD to make them suffer.

My wand shook as I lifted it. Although I tried to stop it, before I knew it, tears were falling from my eyes. I simply couldn’t do that. “Get lost!” I growled, “for your own good. I’ll call you later.” As soon as the house-elf left, I slumped down on the couch and started crying. Damn, I was crying again! I roughly wiped away my tears and stared dazedly into space. I needed a friend. And the only person around my age was…

Draco.

He seemed so excited about being a Death Eater. I knew he would laugh if he saw me like this. Crying pathetically because I couldn’t bring pain to others. But then again, out enmity had been mutual from the first time I saw that git. My insides shriveled as soon as I thought about that pale face. But… what other choice did I have than be friends with a fellow Death Eater who was just sixteen like me? I sighed. Finally, I decided I would try to be friends with him. I just couldn’t bear to stay in this cold place, alone and sulking. Which would mean; I was going to have to say sorry to that big head. Whatever.

I walked up to Draco’s room unsure about what was going to happen. Would my anger snap when I saw that conceited face and I would forget all about being ‘sorry’ and fight with him instead? I didn’t know. With my fingers crossed, I knocked at the door.

“Who’s it?” came the question from inside. There, now what was I going to say?? “Hey it’s me, your enemy”?? Damn my stupidity. I should be returning back to my gloomy room! But hey, I was supposed to be brave. So I replied, “Elvis.” I didn’t know how he would react. Probably he’d sneer at me and make some snide comments. Which was exactly what happened, actually.

The door opened a little to show the blonde head of my enemy, “So little Elvis is feeling bored is she?” I didn’t reply, restraining myself from saying something cutting to him. So I was ‘little’ was I? I just smiled in a self pathetic way. “You know, I’m not used to filth speaking to me so get lost,” Malfoy smirked and would have to slammed the door shut, if I had not stopped it with my foot. Everything vanished from my mind, all I could feel was hot, boiling anger. I had sacrificed my ego to be friends and he had crushed it. How could I have been so stupid? How could I expect him to be my friend?? Stupid, idiotic me.

I pushed the door open, entered the room and lifted my wand. “I’m not the dirt in your shoes Malfoy,” I informed him. He took out his wand too and smirked again, “Really? Oh yeah, afterall you are ‘The Chosen One’s’ girlfriend huh? So you would be a goddess wouldn’t you??”

I winced at the mention of my old friend. But he must hate me now, afterall my mother was the one who killed his god-father.My heart ripped apart with guilt and remorse as I thought of Sirius. Damn Malfoy! You did it again! I cocked my head to the side, “I wish I could shut your filthy mouth.” “And so do I,” Malfoy said, his grey eyes flashing with hate, “now get out of my room.” Then an idea struck me! I would do it. I would perform the cruciatus curse on Malfoy! My ‘mother’ would be pleased that I performed it on a person.