9. Duelling

I frantically looked all over the platform, searching for Tonks. I supposed she would be there. After all, she was an Auror. She was not. Hermione and Ron weren't there either. What could I do? Should I let Draco take revenge on Harry? Was that what I wanted? No! I hurried back to the train. Maybe I was too late. I'd wasted too much of my time searching for Tonks! I had to take Harry back! I'd just reached  the door when the train started moving. Chug, chug, chug. No! Harry was still inside. I ran with the train, but it moved faster and finally, was out of sight. I sighed. Harry was gone..... 

I could do nothing now. I stomped up to a carriage. 

We reached Hogwarts. Filch was checking people top to bottom for any sign of Dark objects. I stared. How the hell could I get past him? Draco hadn’t mentioned anything!

“Elvis!” someone called. Draco! I pushed people aside and saw in the middle of the crowd, a blonde headed person. “Okay, now what?” I whispered to him. “Haven’t you got any ideas?” he asked me. "What did you do on the tr-"

“I think we should use the Imperious Curse on Filch,” he interrupted me. “No way!”

“Why not?” he asked, frowning. I shook my head.

“What is the discussion going on about?” someone said. A shadow fell on us and we looked up to see Snape’s face looking down upon us.

“None of your business Snape,” Draco sneered at his previous favorite teacher. “Professor Snape Draco.”

“Why are you here?” I asked rudely. He raised his eyebrows, “Let me tell you, Miss Lestrange, I’m not the least pleased with your attitude.” “I don’t care whether you are pleased with me or not!” I said staring back at his black eyes. “I see,” he said, “so I gather you would get caught with the Dark Mark and be killed?” Draco looked uncomfortable like me. “But we have a plan,” I said.

“And what is the plan about? Not, I hope, about using the Imperious Curse on a school staff protected by Dumbledore?” he said. “Have you been spying on us?” Draco asked impudently. “Oh no Draco. I’m a busy man, and I have many other better things to do, you see and I can’t while away my precious time spying on you.”

“Then please leave us alone,” I said roughly. Then with a voice full of sarcasm, “Professor Snape.” A slight frown appeared in his forehead, “As you please. If it’s your wish to get caught and die like nothing, it’s fine to me.” He turned back with a dignified swoop of his robe and started walking, his robes fluttering. “No stop!” I followed him. “Elvis!” Draco exclaimed surprised.

“Yes?” Snape turned back to stare at me.

*

“Elvis, I thought we were to ignore Snape!” Draco told me. We were in the shadows of a room, on a deserted corridor. “We are supposed to not let him know about our plan, Draco,” I reminded him, “but if he is so willing to help, then we can use that to our advantage.” He stared at me and then grudgingly said, “Good thinking.”

I ignored that, “And what happened on the train…” I was dying to know what had happened to Harry. "Did you hurt Ha-"

I stopped when Draco looked at me abruptly. “You knew that The Chosen One was there? Were you trying to protect him?” he asked full of sarcasm. “I- uh-” Hell, I was so tactless! What was I supposed to do now? “I thought you were over playing the famous Harry Potter’s girlfriend, Elvis Lewis,” he spat at me, full of hate, “And so now I think the mission is only meant for me, because no idiot like you can manage this.” He left to leave. I stood there, speechless. That is, until anger flared up.