18. A Plan

“Yes Dumbledore?” Snape entered Dumbledore’s office.

“I have a work for you Severus,” Dumbledore said.

Severus Snape gave a little bow. 

“Make sure you guide Elvis. You know my plan, don’t you?”

Snape’s cold face went indifferent. With an emotionless voice he said, “Of course,” and then exited from the office.

*

The next afternoon, I walked with Hermione to classes. It was so good to have my friend back. We had lunch together too, since Harry was eating with Ron, and Hermione looked like she never wanted to be near Won-Won again.

Draco caught my eye once, when I was smiling away to glory. His eyes narrowed, and then he went back to Crabbe and Goyle and Pansy. 

The next few days were the best days of my life. We were having Apparation tutorial. Everyone was finding it immensely hard, me included. It was something irritating like, ‘3 Ds’ or something. Determination, destination and what not. Dog’s breath. Haha. While the others were getting irritated, it was hard for me to do that, when I was at that stage of my life when I FINALLY was freed of the stupid whirlwind of life. The Quidditch match was nearing. 

One day, I wore a T-shirt and then put on my robes for some unknown reason. “Let’s go watch the Quidditch practice,” Hermione suggested. “Sure,” I agreed. As we sat side to side on the stands, her wand poked my arm. “I’m so sorry!” Hermione gasped. “It’s okay,” I said, quickly hiding my hand for that was the arm where the Dark Mark was branded. “Are you sure?” she said and snatched my arm up to her face. Before I could do anything, she looked below my robe.

My breath caught in my throat. With scared eyes, I looked down and I inwardly breathed a BIG sigh of relief. My T-shirt was hiding my Dark Mark. I looked back at Hermione. She was looking disappointed…? Suspicion aroused. “Are you sure you’re all right?” she quickly composed her face when she saw me looking.  “Get a grip,” I muttered, “It was only a poke.” When I saw how awkward she looked, I smiled at her. However, I decided, I’d always keep my guard. Anything could’ve happened. For all I knew, she could be faking it…. On Harry’s order. My happiness seemed to dissolve in a puff of smoke when I thought of it. Yes, that could be it. So Hermione was just faking being with me. 

**

Ron’s birthday was nearing. 

One day, on Defence against the Dark Arts class, Snape woke me up form my stupor again, “Visiting your dreamland again?” he sneered. I just determinedly looked away with the expression ‘whatever,’ etched in my face. “I would want to speak to you after this,” Snape nodded his head at me and then swept his cloak around, “Now…”

I suppressed a groan. Really!

“That’s unfair,” Hermione consoled me. “Thanks,” I murmured absentmindedly. “It can’t be that bad, can it?” Hermione whispered under her breath, looking at my downcast face. I shrugged because I knew this wasn’t only going to be about not paying attention in class. 

*

“What are you doing for the mission? You are failing pathetically,” Snape informed me. I knew this was going to be about this. “Thanks,” I said, with no expression on my voice. I didn’t want to hear anything regarding the mission. Snape put his hands down on this table, “Don’t make the Dark Lord furious Elvis. You haven’t seen his anger.” I shuddered, not able to compress it. My fear raised its ugly head again. “Tell me, what you are doing for this mission.” Nothing. I was doing nothing Snape! “That’s none of your business,” I said impudently. “You will not to speak to me this way,” Snape said with a hint of anger in his voice. “I will speak in whichever way I want to, ‘Professor,’” I shot back. “You cannot escape the wrath of the Dark Lord Elvis, no matter what.” No matter what? No matter how much I trusted Dumbledore? “Look at me,” Snape ordered me. There was such a commanding tone in his voice, I looked up. His pitch black eyes caught my attention. I turned numb. I was paying so less attention, I didn’t see his lips whispering some incantations. I started falling on that dark well of his eyes. And then, I saw myself blushing shyly at Harry. I saw myself killing the house elf. I saw myself crying and breaking down in Malfoy Manor thinking of Sirius. I saw myself telling Winnie to come back later. I saw my tears fall on my face as the pain of my life pierced me. I saw myself being dark and evil. I saw myself trusting Dumbledore and feeling that faith. I saw myself and felt me promising myself that I would never let the darkness envelop me. And then I saw myself bathed in light. 

“That’s enough,” Snape said indifferently.

With a huge shock I came back to the present. What had happened? As the horror started to fill my body, I heard Snape say, “Oblivate,” and everything went blank.

**

Sorry the chapter was so short but I wanted to make this of this length.

What do you think Snape will do now?

And I guess Hermione was pretty lame. Sorry for that but … that’s how it was supposed to be?

Do you want to hear the ‘plan’ of Dumbledore in the next chapter or should it wait? I think suspense should be better. *Grins evilly* Yes! Hehe.