21. Harry and Ginny

“It’s okay,” I consoled Draco as he moaned in the bed. Why was he such a baby still?

“The mission,” he moaned. I sighed. He was right. I’d have to do the mission while I had time. 

“See you later,” I told him and went out.

The mission. The mission.

I went to the Room of Requirement. Getting inside the cabinet, I examined the wall. I ran my hands along the walls.

Something was whispering. What was it? My heart drummed as I leant my head towards the wall. Yes, there was some whispering going on. A spark of excitement burst through me. Was I hearing it from Borgin and Brukes??

I had to give a try. 

Alohomora!” I said stupidly. Nothing. Yet.

Anapneo!” 

It was then that I noticed that the spell was bounding off the walls like a protection had been made! So that explained! A protective charm had been put on to the walls! The only such strong incantation I knew was…

 Cave Inimicum.

*

Madam Pompfrey didn’t allow me to enter the hospital wing. Exasperated, I went to the library. It was the only place I could get counter-curses.

I looked at the books. I took out the book named ‘Counter Curses for Complex spells.’ And there it was printed in bold letters…

“Cave Inimicum”

*

The match between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor was exciting. Ginny swept the Snitch right from below Cho’s nose! When the game was over I cheered so loudly, my voice became hoarse.

“Ginny!!” Hermione and I threw ourselves at her. Right then, I completely forgot that we were supposed to hate each other. Her face was blazing with the flames of victory. As soon as we let go, Neville and Ron engulfed her in a bear hug. “Gryffindor won!” I screamed. It wasn’t about a house winning, I knew houses didn’t matter; it was about Harry winning even when he was not there. He had left a piece of himself to complete his part anyway… Ginny.

Wait, what was I saying??

The Gryffindor common room was celebrating with a party. Now that I had figured out the Borgin and Brukes mystery, I felt all the more in the mood to celebrate.

Late at midnight, Harry returned. We all whopped at him.

“We won!” yelled Ron, brandishing the silver Cup at Harry. “We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!”

And then, Ginny ran towards him….. 

And, they kissed.

**

It shocked me so much, to see them in an embrace, I almost collapsed. Only one girl caught my hand to provide comfort. Hermione. 

The rest of my vision blurred. How could this have happened? And WHY?

Tears slipped from my eyes. My chest was paining as my heart groaned in pain. 

THUD.

THUD.

THUD.

BLANK.

*

Harry took time to see everyone. Dean Thomas holding a shattered glass and Romilda Vane looking as though she might throw something. Hermione beaming, but with her has clasped around a pale looking girl with tears running down her cheeks….. ah, Elvis. He tried to catch her eyes; what did her tears mean? But she unwound her hand from Hermione’s and took off to the girl’s dormitory. Ron gave a tiny jerk of a head that Harry understood to mean, “Well- if you must.”

The creature in his chest roaring in triumph, Harry grinned down at Ginny and gestured wordlessly out of the portrait hole. Harry took one last look at the place where Elvis was standing and tried to banish her grief stricken face from his mind.

*

AN: It was challenging for me to write this chapter because it may alter the whole theme of the story; a HARRY Potter fan fiction and a HARRY Potter love story. *Sigh* Now I’m not sure what I’m going to do with this new twist…. At the end I’ll see but I may need your help! Please give me suggestions… Should I kill Elvis??  Should I kill Ginny?? Or should I find another partner for Ginny?? Or Draco and Elvis?? 

One more thing... You should check out I'll Stand By You by ShalyniieLama... You might end up liking it!

Anyway, don't forget to leave your comments! :D