Chapter 6: Curse you bad luck

"Don't worry, it won't be that bad" Alice replied sympathetically walking me to her mom's office.

I gave her the 'really' look. Her mom would probably fire me. And I can't lose this job.

"Ok, maybe she'll give you a warning. But that's not that bad" Alice honestly spoke.

When you start your job here you get two warnings. If you do something bad or wrong then you get a warning. If you get two, then it's another way of saying 'You're fired'.

"Yes it is bad. I shouldn't have done that. I guess I just overreacted" I scowled at myself.

"Good luck" Alice brought me out of my thoughts, leaving.

I took a deep breath, slowing my breathing down before entering the room.

"Hello Skylar, please take a seat" Caroline greeted me, not taking her eyes off the stack of paper she was reading.

"Hello" I greeted back waiting for the worst.

"I'm really sorry but I'm gonna have to give you a warning" Caroline said sympathetically.

"Please don't give me a warning, I'll do anything. I'll work here every night if I have to" I pleaded not backing down.

"I'm sorry but what you did would've lost some customers and I can't let that go" Caroline replied staying firm on her point.

I put my head down ashamed of myself.

Realising that there was no use, I hunched my shoulders down in defeat.

"Honey, we all make mistakes, you just have to accept and learn from them. Don't forget, I was a teenager once" Caroline gave me some advice winking at the end.

"Thank you" I muttered in a small voice. I stood up to leave and made my way to the door.

"Sky" Caroline called my nickname making me turn around.

"Don't make the same mistake again. I don't want to have to fire you"

I nodded my head and closed the door sighing. Leaning against the door I silently scolded myself.

Taking all the courage that I had left, I walked back to the front getting ready to serve the rest of the customers.

It's just a warning, I kept repeating in my head. I wasn't quite worried about that part. In fact I was worried about getting another warning and losing this job.

"What happened?" Alice asked sympathetically holding my shoulders.

"Got a warning" I avoided eye contact feeling ashamed of myself.

"Hey, it's fine. Think positively" Alice said sympathetically.

I laughed at her words, think positively.

"There you go. Keep smiling. You look less scarier when your smiling" Alice joked.

I hit her arm and rolled my eyes at her. Grabbing the meals I made my way to table 5 and placed their meals down.

"Here's your meals" I smiled genuinely.

"That was quite a show you put on" The women spoke.

"I'm very sorry about that. That was all of my fault, I hope you don't change your mind about this restaurant" I pleaded hoping that she'd understand.

"Oh sweetie. I quite enjoyed that show. Mind you they deserved it. I'd say that you gained a few customers. We'll definitely be coming back next week waiting for another show. Did you see their faces, made me laugh so much. I haven't laughed that much in years" The women smiled at me making me laugh.

I looked in her eyes to see if she was joking but her eyes were twinkling with amusement. So much for losing customers.

"Have a nice meal"

Making my way back to the counter, I grabbed the meals for table 7.

"Do you want me to do it?" Alice asked.

"No. It's fine" I reassured her giving her a smile.

As I made my way to their table, I could feel Tyler's eyes bore into me. Like he was trying to figure me out. I made the mistake of looking into his eyes. Getting captured in his blue mesmerizing eyes. Quickly breaking eye contact with him as I set the meals down silently and walked away.

"Any other tables?" I asked Alice looking around the nearly empty restaurant.

"Nope" Alice replied popping the 'p'.

"You can go home"

"Thanks" I said hugging her.

"I'll see you next Friday" I farewelled her and made my way to the door.

"Bye" Alice replied waving to me.

As soon as I opened the door the cold breeze swept pass me. It was then that I realised that it was raining. As in pouring.

Quickly looking through my bag to check if I had an umbrella but unfortunately I didn't. So I checked if there was any cars before running across the car park to my car.

I groaned when I realised that I hadn't gotten my keys out.

My hair and clothes now wet, I desperately tried looking for my keys in my handbag.

I gave up when I couldn't find them at all. I then realised that I had left it in the store room.

Cursing at my bad luck I ran back through the heavy rain back to the restaurant just for my car keys.

Curse you bad luck.

_______________________________________

Q: Would you rather, tell someone you love them, or tell someone you don't love them?

Updating in a week.
Remember to comment and vote
~Ashley