Chapter 12: Appetite of a pig

"More like your on your period" Charlotte snorted.

Period? That was probably an understatement. She literally has the appetite of a pig.

"More like your pregnant" I snapped glaring at Lara. No offense to pregnant women.

Lara scoffed "Well someone's gotta fill this baby" Lara started, rubbing her belly.

Lara sighed when she noticed my silence. "Look I'm sorry" Lara replied like it was nothing.

"If I get anorexic I'm blaming it on you" I glared at Lara.

"Go ahead" Lara challenged.

**

I grabbed my books for last period feeling overwhelmed by school work.

I quickly texted Amelia.

Doing homework at the library, won't be home till late -S

I checked that I sent it to Amelia as it would be embarrassing if I sent it to Tyler or someone. Why would Tyler be one of the options? It's pretty weird, I have been thinking a lot about Tyler's lately.

Shutting my locker I went to my physics class were Emily already sat twirling her strawberry blond hair.

"So are you coming to the party christmas night?" Emily asked smiling, turning around to face me.

"What party?" I asked.

I have literally never been to a party before. I've been to like a 2 year old party and stuff like that but not an 18 year old party. To be honest the idea of alcohol just makes me want to puke. And when you get drunk you do something that you regret later. I just want to pass school, get good grades and go to college.

"My boyfriends party" Emily replied in a duh tone. So this time it's Connor's party. Last time I heard it was Tyler's party and it was apparently one of the biggest party's.

"You know I don't go to party's Em" I sighed.

Emily's smile instantly dropped.
"C'mon it won't be that bad. Plus Lara and Charlotte will be there. Literally everyone's going"

I had a debate in my head trying to weigh the options. "I'll think about it"

"You better" Emily smiled in victory.

**

The bell finally rang signalling the end of the day. I grabbed my books and went to the library where only a few students studied.

I studied for about half an hour before grabbing a book and reading it. I love reading, most people describe me as a bookworm which I am proud to be one. Most people think that bookworms are nerds but I'd like to disagree.

Snapping the book closed, I checked the time which showed 5:47 meaning that I had been here for 2 hours.

I grabbed my books and exited the library making my way to my locker. I grabbed my bag and drove home opening the door to breath in a burning smell.

"Amelia?"

"I'm in here" I heard Amelia yell from the kitchen.

I quickly made my way to the kitchen and started coughing at the smoke that filled the kitchen.

Making my way through the kitchen I found Amelia holding a hand towel and waving it frantically around to get rid of the smoke.

"Amelia" I sighed grabbing another hand towel and waving it up and down.

The smoke started to disappear out of the window and I could clearly see what had caused this.

I looked to my right to see a burnt cake. Amelia had always tried to perfect a cake with apparently a secret ingredient but could never perfect this cake.

"Again?" I sighed exhausted.

"It's not my fault" Amelia defended herself.

"Whose fault is it then?" I asked raising my my eyebrow.

"It's the cakes fault!" Amelia blamed it on the poor burnt food.

"Keep trying. And try not to burn the whole house down next time" I suggested whilst walking to my bedroom.

I dropped my bag on the ground and grabbed a book that I was currently reading from the bookshelf. Plopping down on my bed I read the last 6 chapters of the book. I was up to the last sentence and it was a damn cliffhanger. I literally hate cliffhangers. You have to then wait for the sequel. Or worst, there isn't a sequel.

At the bottom was a few words reading 'The End' in familiar messy handwriting.

Amy.

I sighed in frustration as when I turned the page, there was nothing but I could faintly see edges of paper that had been ripped out.

That evil devil of a sister.

I snapped the book close in pure anger and made my way to her bedroom.

After playing pranks on each other we always like to run into each other's rooms and complain about it. So you could say that I have made many trips to Amy's room.

I barged open the door making Amy jump in fright before putting on that all to well familiar innocent face.

"Where is the pages?" I asked furiously waving the book around.

"What pages?" She asked innocently looking at the book and giving me a blank stare.

"The pages that you ripped out from my book!" I accused her raising my voice a little higher. Surely any minute Josh or Amelia depending who's turn it is, will come walking in. Amelia and Josh always take in turns at sorting these situations out. As Amelia is sick and tired of taking control of the situation the big brother comes in and saves the day, volunteering to help.

Right on cue Josh walked in standing by the doorway. "Alright. Who did it now?"

I showed Josh the end of the book and Amy's messy handwriting. "She" I pointed an accused finger at Amy. "Ripped out the last pages of this very important book!"

Josh looked at the book before looking back at me with the same expression. "So... buy a new book"

Of course he would say that. He's the one that calls me a bookworm and says that reading is a waste of time. Guys are so infuriating.

"It was a cliffhanger" I exaggerated like it was the end of the world.

"Well then make up an ending" Josh said in a duh tone.

Josh noticed my silence and snatched the book off me. He opened the end of the book and scanned the last page. "Oh this book. I've read this before" Josh started before thinking for a minute. "The girl dies from starvation and the guy suicides from depression. The end" he smiled proudly.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Is that the actual ending?" I asked noticing that it wasn't a happy ending.

"No" he wrinkled his nose in disgust. "It sounds better then the guy saves the girl and they live happily ever after"

I gave him a dissaproving look before grabbing my book and walking away.

"Guys" I muttered.

_______________________________________

Hey guys sorry about the late update.

Q: Ugly and live forever, or look attractive and die in a year?

Updating in a week.
Remember to comment and vote.
~Ashley