Chapter 23: Did you sneak into the girls bathroom?

I walked into the restaurant greeting Alice. "Hey"

Alice waved. "Hey, long time no see"

I grabbed my apron and put it on making my way to the cash register. "I'll take over you can serve"

Alice nodded and left to take orders.

A cute guy around the same age as me came up to the cash register. "Hey beautiful" he spoke flirting with me.

I smiled. "Hello. Are you here to pay?"

He nodded. "Table 5 please"

"That comes to $23". He handed me the cash and flashed me a wink. "My numbers there too"

I didn't reply instead I put the cash in and held the paper with his number in it.

Once he was out of site I threw the piece of paper in the bin.

Immediately Alice walked over a confused look crossed her face. "Why'd you throw it out. He was a cute guy"

I sighed. "I already told you I want to focus of school this year and there's no time for boyfriends"

Alice shrugged. "Whatever you say. But your only young once, may as well live it"

She walked off leaving me to my own faults.

My goals were simply.

Get high scores.

Pass school.

Go to university.

Alice's words rang through my head. You may as well live it. I shook the thought out of my head and smiled at the next customer.

It's been half an hour and I was already tired. Trust me, smiling at every customer and telling them to have a nice day is tiring. At the start it's easy but later it becomes forced.

Alice smiled strolling over to me putting her elbows on the desk.

I raised a brow. "What?"

"Looks like you have a secret admirer" Alice stared at the other end of the cafe.

My eyes tried to find were she was looking. I spotted him. Tyler. Curse my luck.

"So? Take his order. I'm busy" I shrugged trying to act casual.

She looked at the line at the cash register and snorted. "Busy? Really?"

I decided not to reply and Alice smiled again. "I was going to take his order but he insisted you did"

I tried thinking of an excuse. "Well tell him I'm not here"

Alice glanced at him. "He already knows your here. See for yourself"

I looked at him and she was right. Tyler was staring dead straight at me. Smiling and waving at me.

I glared at him. "No" I stated bluntly.

"C'mon he offered to pay double" Alice pleaded.

"Do it for the restaurant" Alice smiled at one of the customers. "- And for your future life" She mumbled.

I glared at her. "I heard that"

I sighed in annoyance. "Fine. But only for the restaurant"

I ignored Alice's smile and walked towards the table ignoring his gaze on me.

I faked a smile. "What can I get you?"

His usual smirk was replaced with a frown. "I need to talk to you"

I thought about Bianca. Well it's not like she's here anyway. But she could be secretly watching. I kept a blank expression on. "I don't want to talk to you. What would you like to eat?"

I stared down at the notepad getting ready to write.

"I overheard you with Bianca"

This caught my attention. My eyes went wide as I stared at him. "How much did you hear?" I quickly sat down opposite him.

"Your brother. Suicide. Telling the whole school about it. And you staying away from me" he summed it up.

Great. He basically knows everything. "How do you know all of this? Did you sneak into the girls bathroom?"

He shook his head in disgust. "Hell no. I overheard from outside"

I sucked in a deep breath. "Well now you know. There's nothing I can do about that. Just do me a favour and stay away from me. I don't want more people to know". I stood up.

"Why don't you want everyone knowing? No one would make fun of you and I'll be there" He reasoned himself.

"Order please". You could tell that I was getting impatient.

"Chicken parma"

I wrote it down and was about to leave.

"We don't have to stay away from each other. I can help" his eyes pleaded.

"I don't need your help" I spun on my heel. I couldn't get rid of the look Tyler was giving me. Pure hurt. And he didn't try and hide it.

_______________________________________

Updating in a week.
Remember to comment and vote.
~ Ashley