14

Adelaide

When we went out of the park Daveed invited me to lunch as a celebration for me getting job. And I accepted the invitation. The sun was up high in the sky shining brightly making it even warmer. People were already coming from work for lunch making the streets crowded more than it already was at some places. There happened to be a large amount of people in front of us while I was telling Daveed about my experience with working at a coffee shop. Not going straying away from the conversation I almost didn't notice Daveed's hand on my lower back pulling me closer to him as we walked through the crowd. Feeling myself tense under the touch but also at the same time I could feel myself leaning into the touch. My eyes glanced at Daveed thinking that he would be looking but he wasn't. He was staring right a head making sure we didn't bump into someone. Feeling tingles run through I looked down suddenly feeling flustered after staring for so long at Daveed while his hand was on my waist. I couldn't keep my eyes on the crowd, they kept on moving towards to catch a glimpse of Daveeds profile. As we made it out of the busy crowd I pursed my lips when his hand did not move away. For a second I was glad that it didn't. We soon made it to the restaurant that Daveed had chosen, since I barely know any good ones. When we entered the restaurant his hands had pulled back with hesitation. I glanced at Daveed catching him already staring at me making me look away feeling my cheeks heat up. The restaurant was filled with people, some were wearing work clothes.

"Where do you want to sit?" Daveed asked his voice a little low. My eyes scanned the place feeling Daveed's eyes on me made me even more flustered.

"Uh, there is a table for two." I stuttered looking at the table that was in the back and then I pointed at it for Daveed to see it. His eyes wandered to where my finger was pointing at and then he slowly nodded his head. I heard him mumble an 'Alright'. We made our way to the table and sat down quietly, before the waitress came along handing us the menu. I thanked her and Daveed as well.

"So what do you recommend?" I asked trying to break the silence and the uncomfortableness with a smile. Daveed looked up from the menu, first saying something under his breath his eyes drifting back on the menu. I frowned. "What did you say?"

He looked back then back down then at me again.

Is he blushing?

"Uh the chicken breast with heated cheese is good here, I always take it." He then stuttered out quickly. I stared at him then nodded my head smiling.

"Chicken breast it is!" I sang, deciding on some ice tea as a drink. Daveed smiled but it was a small smile. Letting out a sigh I leaned forward in my seat. "Do you want to here a joke?" I asked feeling a bit jolly inside to try out my jokes and maybe Daveed would find them funny. Daveed looked up and nodded his head.

"Shoot." I tilted my head that. Daveed smiled. "It means go ahead." I nodded my head kept on a smile.

"So there was a man on the paper who got hit by coca cola can. Good thing it was a soft drink."  I said with enthusiasm and then snickered at my own joke but smiled even larger when I saw Daveed smiling largely and laughing lightly.

"That was a bad one." I gasped at his reponse.

"But you laughed!" I pointed and he nodded his head.

"Its bad that it makes it funny." Daveed said looking up at me still with his smile that reached his eyes. I felt my stomach flip just by knowing that I made him laugh.

"You have a such a bright laugh." I then said and his smile faded a little then he looked down.

"Thanks." He mumbled before looking up making our eyes meet. His dark brown eyes stared back into mine, I felt my heartbeat accelerate but I couldn't look away. It felt like I was melting under his eyes, like a spell was set upon me by just looking into them.