28

Daveed

I watched Adelaide shift in her seat and stretch out her legs putting them next to mine. Her eyes were focused on the TV and she leaned her head back so into what was going on in the scene. I barely knew what was happening on the screen but I didn't care. All I could focus on was her. The way her were frowned, as she was so focused. And I noticed how beautiful her jaw was in this profile. It was strong yet somehow made her face look petite and innocent looking. Her plum lips were even more intriguing, I knew the taste of them I could never forgot it but when I kissed them they felt like a whole new experience all over again. Soft. Gentle. And they fitted perfectly against mine. I blushed at that thought and smile to myself. In that moment she turned around to me her deep brown eyes meeting mine. She said something but I barely could heard her.

"What?" I stutter out suddenly embarrassed. She probably could see the large red forming on my cheeks. She pointed to the coffee table.

"Your phone." She then giggled as I nodded my head sitting up quickly picking up my phone the heat never leaving my cheeks. I glanced at her when I unlocked my phone and caught her smiling. Her bright breathe taking smile. I cracked a small smile embarrassingly looked back to my phone. Mentally groaning to myself.

What in the world am I doing, Acting like a schoolboy?

My heart ramming against my chest didn't help me at all. Sighing I looked at the messages that were from Lin.

Liny: hey man, how are you? I don't mean to slip into that kind of stuff especially since its private, but i want you to hear it from me or oak than anyone else, I don't believe it but there has been rumors going around work that since yesterday night that you cheated on Daph and treated her badly before "throwing her out". I don't believe them, because i know you but you needed to know.

I stared at the longest text message I have ever read (though Lin is the only one who writes me these long messages) for a whole minute before I actually realized what Lin was trying to say.

What the hell?

I wasn't sure how to reply to Lin. My mind was already going places that I didn't want to go. Furiously I texted him back with a much shorter reply.

Thanks

How could she do that? Was she that desperate for attention?

I never treated Daphne bad. Maybe I raised my voice a few times, only when it was necessary and when she was talking shit about Adelaide. And I didn't throw her out, we didn't even live together. What the hell does that mean then? The relationship that I had with Daphne was complicated from the start, I knew she liked me for a while, Rafael was so kind to point it out, and it never bothered me because she wasn't really clingy or showing her affections to me. It would have been weird since we were good friends. But when I wanted to date just the next girl that walked by to make Adelaide jealous she was right there. I knew I shouldn't have done it. It was a mistake and I noticed that when we started to get intimate with each other. All the times Daphne and I kissed. All these times I was holding her close or anything else intimate, I was thinking about Adelaide. And only her. That revealed itself when Daphne decided to take to the next level.

I wasn't thinking it slipped out by accident. Adelaide was occupying my thoughts the whole time when I noticed her walk to the restroom and Anthony quickly followed her. I was annoyed by that. Jealous is a better word to describe my feelings on that day. Jealous that it was Anthony and not me. So when Daphne suggested it I didn't refuse, but I also didn't think of her. All the time I was thinking about Adelaide and it slipped out. The memory was absolutely embarrassing to Daphne's half but that memory to me is just so washed out that I could barely remember what underwear Daphne was actually wearing.