21

Adelaide

I sat there crossed legged awkwardly moving my eyes from one place to the other. I had my hands in my lap and fiddling with the black skirt that I was wearing. It was really awkward. Because first tension had been already filled before I even stepped into the car and second I have never been in car with my boss. Ever. So I am not sure how to act.

Who drives with their boss anyways?

I mentally groaned and glanced at the small figure a seat away from. He was wearing an expensive looking suit and was staring out the window. His eyes looked bored and narrowed but I knew that he was stressed out. It wasn't hard to read him at times like these. But at times it was really hard he would have a mask on at times. This time something was bugging him and it probably meant much to him if was thinking about it so much. I decided to ask.

"How did things work out with Peter?" I pursed my lips when I saw his eyebrow twitch. His eyes moved to me and he had a glare on. "It not my business but Peter...right? Seemed really angry..."

"You're right its non of your business." He snarled and then went back to glaring out the window. I let out a sigh.

"I just want to help." I said glancing at him pouting when I didn't get an answer. It took a while for him to answer.

"You know what, you can help me with one thing." His eyes met mine, he looked tired as if he hadn't slept. "Could you tell Felicia that she should stop sending all these girls."

I stared for a bit but then nodded my head. I knew that Felicia was sending girls that she finds but they would always get kicked and rejected hard. Felicia just wanted to help Mr. Osborn, "Maybe if he gets laid he will chill." Her words not mine.

"Yeah I could do that, even though it will be difficult but I can do it." I felt happy that I could help him besides work, I wasn't sure why but I am probably still used to have good relationship with my bosses and colleges even outside work because thats how it always went with me. I smiled. Mr. Osborn glance at me and I grinned. He raised his eyebrow.

"What?"

"I'm just glad I could help you, sir." I admitted still smiling. His brow dropped, now he leaned back into his seat. 

"You're the first to ever say that to me." He commented his back to the window watching the streets pass by.

"What? Why is that?" I frowned at that looking back at Mr. Osborn. He let out a small dry laugh.

"Because look at me."

I stared at him he was pointing to himself then he pointed to towards his surroundings which was the car, more like a black limo. When I saw it I wasn't surprised just taken back that I was going to drive with Mr. Osborn.

"They are all after my money." It came out like a cracked growl. I bit my lip I saw that he was angry and hurt at that. The next question was asked bluntly I almost regretted.

"Even Peter?" His eyes soften when the name left my lips and his tensed shoulders eased.

"He fucking hates me." Mr. Osborn ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"He's just angry."

"He is. He is." Mr. Osborn muttered to himself and I watched him carefully. He looked so frustrated and guilty. On the outside it looked like he had everything but he didn't even have family to come home to. I once saw him staying longer than usual at work, I had forgotten my jacket, and he told me that he had no one to go home to when I told him that he shouldn't make any one worry. No one worried about him. It made me feel sad. I couldn't imagine not anyone waiting for me back in France.