SURPRISE

7 WEEKS LATER

The smell of cooked vegetables and chicken was spread around the kitchen. Added with them were different spices giving it a nice aroma. It smelled really good and smelled out of the ordinary. Something Adelaide has gotten used to but till excited it her in a way, but also it brought nervousness with it whenever it was close to any meal time of the day.

It has been 6 weeks since Daveed had brought Adelaide back to New York. It was something that they both didn't just wanted but something that Caleb said that Adelaide needed.

The first week in New York was probably the worst week. He couldn't get her to eat and she was filled with regret. After that he decided to ask his friends for help because he couldn't do it alone. And it broke him to see Adelaide not being her usual self.

"Hey." Voices said at the same time. Daveed smiled but not his usual bright smile. It was a tired smile that all his friend have seen for the past week and figured out quickly. And he looked like he hasn't slept in days, which he hadn't. He had stayed up at night searching online for solutions and he always made sure that Adelaide was sleeping. Sometimes she would wake up and he would ask her if she wanted to drink. He would give her glass of water and she would slowly drink it. Drinking was all she did.

At least it was something. He would think to himself, but he knew that was still not good enough.

"Thanks for coming." Daveed said and invited all of his friends into his home. Closing the door when everyone was in.

"Where is Adelaide?" Lin was the first one to ask about her. He had a small smile on his lips but his eyes showed concern. He grew really worried about the girl since she was such a sweet girl that Daveed cared about. And if his friends cared about some he did too.

Daveed had already told them about the situation.

"She's in her room." All of them then went into the living room to talk quietly to themselves. They all planned to make a light weight dinner and Jonathan had brought a list of therapist nearby that dealt with these things. Also hinting at a few that were specialist and "are the best ones, they have helped me out a lot". Daveed couldn't be anymore grateful for his friends, he was brought to tears.

"It will be alright." Lin rubbed Daveeds back when Rafael brought his friend into a hug, also hurt by the things that were happening.

"We'll go and start making dinner." The girls announced softly making their way to the kitchen.

"I gave them one of my recipes!" Lin said excitedly trying to lighten up the mood. "Well, not mine but my mothers! It's something different and really light." Jonathan smiled and Daveed mumbled another thank you. "I'll go help the ladies." He then left. Jonathan, Anthony and Rafael decided to make contact with some of the therapists. Trying to schedule something.

It didn't take long to Adelaide realizing that there were people in the house. But it did take her a lot courage and time to open the doors. With nervousness she made her way to the room full of people and she was greeted by people she had missed without even realizing it.

"You cut you hair?!" Jonathan noted with wide eyes but had genuine smile on. Adelaide nodded.

"It looks great." Phillipa then smiled before bringing the woman into a tight hug. "We missed you."

Adelaide didn't know how to respond. When she was pulled away she was greeted by three people she didn't expect to be here. Felicia, Harry and Peter. Daveed had invited them, he had to because Harry was the reason he could take such a quick flight so quick. He was very grateful for that, but insisted that he could pay it just to be ignored and told that it was nothing for him. And it was.