I know what I want......

Helloo amazing people!!

This is the end!

PLease do tell me what you think...

Thank you for reading it

I knew exactly what I wanted. Had always known. I smiled.

My mind went back to the telephone call between Mark and me. He called yesterday morning. He was planning to get Lindsey home, to begin their live-in relation. Me being his best friend had the right to know first. Hence the call.

"Hello... Hows you??"He had whispered uncertainly and all I wanted to do was throttle his neck.

"Hi Mark, what's the matter? Why the call?" I asked, cutting straight to the matter.

"Mari, I have invited Lindsey home and was feeling awkward so wanted to talk to you about it." He hesitated.

"Right, I understand Mark. So, when is she coming home?"I asked perking up a bit.

I had had an investigator to create a file on her for me. He had included everything, from her shoe size to her favorite food to her horribly cheap, favorite perfume. I knew it all.

Suddenly, with alarming clarity, everything fell into place. It was as if the Gods were with me.....

"She's coming home this afternoon." Mark was saying... I really only caught these words, my mind was already working to fill in all possible gaps.

"So, what's special? What have you done to welcome her properly?" I asked softly.

"Nothing." He said. Typical man.

"Hahaha. Ass. Welcome her. Cook for her. Give her jewellery. Make her feel special." I laughed.

"How? Is it necessary?" He asked perplexed.

"Oh my little baby. Of course it is. You love her right? Then show her." I laughed at my private joke.

He Panicked. Men!

"Simple, calm down. Now, when the housekeeper comes home, ask her to prepare spaghetti and meatballs and  sauce and get the pink rose room cleaned and ready. Remember the pieces of jewellery you inherited from your great aunt last year, take out a ring and pearls and diamond set from there. Now, you will do as follows......."

I explained to him how he was to invite her home and pretend to cook. Mark couldn't cook to save his life. Only heat food. That was exactly what he would do. He would tell her to explore the beach while he cooked. Then, he would take out the particular red wine I would send him and say this was the only one he had. Then he was to decorate the rose room's bed with flower petals and keep a pink negligee on it. I would send it for him.

He would also leave the pearl and diamond set on the bed, a sign of trust and commitment, he would explain to her. I also instructed him to call her little girl or little child.

He wasn't sure about all this. All he did was to keep asking if  it would Be okay? OR if there was an easier way. I only laughed and assured him that all was good. It would be fine. Girls loved being pampered.

Calling her my little child or little girl would make her feel close. Special. Only, he wasn't to tell her whose idea it was. He agreed.

Phase 1 complete.

He had informed me the exact time of her arrival at the  beach. I was already waiting for her. Hidden behind a lone rock, I watched her move in happiness and a searing pain erupted through me, If all did not go well, I was going to lose.