Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Have you sobered up yet?" I asked, trailing my fingertips slowly up Corey's abdomen. His eyes watched the movement, as he offered me a sloppy smile full of fatigue.

"I don't even think I was that high" he replied and I laughed warmly, pressing a gentle kiss to his chest.

"Please, you called me your little mountain lion" I grinned. I turned so I could look straight into his face. I was half lent on his muscled chest, as the covers tangled around our legs. I ran my finger over his sharp jaw line, admiring him for a moment.

Corey stared into my eyes for a heavy moment, before reaching up and brushing my hair behind my ear. Sighing heavily, he cupped my cheek and I noticed the sadness etching into his eyes. "We probably shouldn't have done this" he admitted.

"Do you regret it?" I asked, voice small and insecure.

"Not even a little bit" he admitted, leaning down and kissing me gently. I melted into him, as we pulled away and leant our foreheads together. "I wish you weren't Selson's sister".

"And if I weren't?" I challenged, my fingers going back to tracing patterns over his abs.

"If you weren't, I would make you mine".

"But I am".

Corey sighed heavily again, looking troubled. "And therein lies the problem. I am under no illusions I am a shitty person. I'm vain, egotistic, competitive, heartless and of course a complete asshole". He paused and looked at me.

"Hey I'm not arguing with you".

He chuckled, before turning serious once more. "But the one thing I always was, and always promised myself I would be, was loyal. I don't cheat on girls and I sure as hell don't fuck over my friends. Yet, I promised Selson I would stay away from you".

"I'm glad you didn't" I whispered.

"Me too. As much as I feel like the world's worst friend, I know that I've never felt like this about a girl before...there was a moment when we were having sex, where I swore you were going to disappear".

"As in leave you?" I asked gently.

"No, as if you were actually going to disappear through my fingers. It felt like you'd leave me and I'd be left alone with my guilt and my heart felt hollow just at the thought of it". He looked away from me, looking both troubled and embarrassed. I moved up so that I could kiss him once more; comforting him in the simplest way I knew how.

"I never told you about Parker" I said, pulling away. The words were thick as they were coming out my mouth, but I knew that they needed to come out. I felt so safe in Corey's arms, that I was sure that I needed to finally tell someone. And with what had just happened between us, he deserved to know.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" he replied, looking at me through eyes of concern.

"No I want to" I took a calming breath. Corey held me tightly and kissed my neck as I began to tell him the story. "Parker Owen was one of Selson's friends in high school. So I was the typical younger sister who had massive crushes on her brother's friends, I know I'm a cliché".

"Do you have a massive crush on me then?" he mused. I hit him and he laughed.

"But nothing ever happened with Parker until last year. He didn't go to college like his other friends, but went to work for his father's car garage. Anyway I hadn't seen him in years, but the summer before my senior year my car broke down. Selson was back for summer break, so we took my car to Parker.