Goodbye

Tris's  POV
     I have to do it.  My parents barely speak to me anymore.  They hardly look at me.  When they do,  it's awkward.  I have to brake up with Tobias even though I don't want  to.  I go down stairs to where my mom is.   
     "Mom, can I talk to you about something?" I ask. She looks up and pats the seat next to her. 
     "I'm braking up with Four, since you and dad don't even see me anymore. The only difference in me was that I was finally happy," I tell her.  She grasps my hand.
      "It's your father that doesn't like him. I've noticed the difference in you since you've been with Four, and it's good change. But maybe it would be best for you guys to just be friends. That way your father doesn't feel like he's losing his good girl. But, one day if it's right, you and Four will find your way back to each other," she tells me.  I lean in and hug her.  I don't want to do this. ----
      His father is out of town for a month so I can just come without any worry. Tobias opens the door and pulls me in,  crashing our lips together. I kiss him back out of instinct.  I force myself to pull away though. 
     "I can't," I say. He furrows his brows.  "This. Us. I can't do this anymore," I tell him.  He shakes his head with now tears in his eyes. 
     "No. What? Why? We love each other," he says.  I let a few tears escape.  "Tris, why are you doing this?" I place my head on his chest for what I know will be the last time. 
     "I just can't. It's me. I can't. In sorry. I do love you, but I need time," I tell him.  He takes in a deep breath and nods.
      "I love you," he says.  I start to walk away.  Once I'm at the door,  I turn back around and look at him.
      "I love you too."