Chapter 5

Sorry for taking time on updating and getting to the plot. I just want the book to leave y'all in suspense every chapter y'all read.
Please don't kill me 😆😅
Excuse the typos My eyesight isn't any good
∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°∆°

Kehlani p.o.v

I get to the pharmacy and buy what I needed even it was the most awkward 5 minutes of my life since I bought 5 pregnancy tests and the dude at the till looked at me funny. I'm happy I got over and done with that.

I drove to my sister's house, it's been a while since I've seen her and my niece Sade.
I pulled up outside her house and I walked up to the door and knocked

My 6 year old niece opens the door and her face lights up when she sees me. "Auntie Kehlani!" She says as she runs into my arms and I give her a tight hug. "Is mommy home baby?" I say as I stand up straight. "Yes she is in the kitchen" she says grabbing my hand and leading me to the kitchen. "Mommy! Auntie Kehlani is here!" She says as we enter the kitchen.

Lucy was taking out a tray of chocolate chip cookies out the oven. She sat the hot tray on the metal stand and she smiles when she sees me.

"OMG, you still alive" she says as she walks towards me to give me a hug.

My sister is taller than me and she has long brown hair and hazel eyes and she has star tattoos on her neck and Sade's name and date of birth on her wrist.

"Of course I am alive." I say as we hug for a while. "How have you been?" She says as we walk to the kitchen stools and we sit down. "I have been good thanks babe and how have you been?" I say to her as I reach out for a Red velvet cupcake. She slaps my hand "Leave those alone they are for Sade." She says and she takes off her apron. "And I've been good too" she adds. "Well that hurt, one cupcake won't hurt and you know your cupcakes are my drug" I say as I reach for a cupcake again.

"Fine you can take one and get your fix" she says in a silly voice. "Thank you"I say with the piece of the cupcake in my mouth. "What brings you here? I thought Chris always wants you by his side 24/7" she says.

"I was around the neighborhood and thought hey let me go see my sister." I say as I fold the cupcake paper neatly. "Ooh so you were at the pharmacy?" She says with her eyebrows raised. "Uhm why do you think I was at the pharmacy?" I say clearing my throat. "Babe I know you, you like the pharmacy a few blocks away because its your excuse to come see me" she says with a smirk on her face.

"Wow, you know me so well" I say as I blush. "We are sisters babe of course I do" she says as she stands up going to the cupboards taking out two glasses and pours some Apple juice and gives me the cold glass. "Thank you, you are such a lovely host" I say with a cute smile. "I know duuh" she says as she rolls her eyes.

"So sis how would you react if I told you I was pregnant and Chris is the father? Well hypothetically speaking of course." I say as I tap my nails on the shiny granite countertop."Well.. I wouldn't be surprised and I would be happy for you but Mom would kill you in a heartbeat. You know she wants you with August and not Chris." She says. "Well, Ma would be very angry and-"

I'm cut off because my phone starts ringing. I look at the Caller ID and it's Chris. " Uhm I have to take this, excuse me"I say as I walk out the kitchen to the backyard.

"Hii, babe what's up?" I say to Chris. "When are you getting here?"he says in a babyish voice. " I'm coming keep your pants on geez" I say as I roll my eyes. "Please come back now" Chris says like he getting annoyed. "Fine, I'm on my way back,argh" I say a bit irritated by his behavior.

I get back inside the house."Sis I have to leave Chris is acting like a bitch" I say as I walk close to her and give Lucy a hug. "I love you sis, call me when you get home"she says in my ear.

"I will" I say in her ear and kiss her cheek and grab my keys."Hey you forgetting your cupcakes" she says as she holds a container of a variety of cupcakes.

"Thanks sis.. Say bye to Sade for me" I say walking out the front door. "I will bye Kehlani, take care of yourself, ayt?" She says in a distance.

I walk down the driveway to my car parked in front of the house. I get in the car and buckle up my seatbelt.

I play PnB Rock's track Selfish. I love his music so damn much.

I stop at a gas station to fill up the tank and get Chris' snacks. I drive for like 20mins until I reach home.

I take the plastic bag of my pregnancy tests and sanitary ware in one hand and a other plastic bag with Chris' snacks.

I unlock the door to our apartment. It's like 17:30 and it smells like weed.

Chris is seated in the living room watching TV. I walk up to him and drop his plastic bag of snacks next to him.

"Where the fuck were you ?" Chris says standing up. My heart beats faster. "Uhm..I...I had a few things to do" I say totally nervous as he walks up to me. "Don't lie to me?!" He screams in my face. "I had to pick up a few things from the pharmacy Chris, why don't you trust me?" I say in tears as I don't make any eye contact with him.

He grabs my face forcing me to look at him. "Say you sorry for taking way too much time at the pharmacy!" He says with a dark look. I breathe heavily and I am able to utter the words. "I'm sorry Chris".

"That doesn't sound like a genuine apology" he has an evil smirk on his face while still grabbing my face."I said I'm-" I'm cut off by a slap on my cheek and I fall on the ground.

He looks at me and his face has changed from soft to evil in a split second. "Get up and go get cleaned up" he says as he walks to the couch and sit down.

I fucking hate him for doing this to me. He hits me for no apparent reason whatsoever. I have no friends and he says I shouldn't be in contact with my family. I need to leave him oneway or another.