Chapter 18

( 5 months later)

Kehlani p.o.v

"Chris! I can't... Can't breathe" I say as Chris's grip around my neck tightens. He's eyes are dark and merciless.

"Don't fucken do that again what the fuck is wrong with you!?" He screams in my face and I cry. "I'm I'm sorr.. Sorry" I try saying in a whisper.

He slaps me across the face and I fall on the floor. I lay there crying, why does this keep happening?

He grabs my hair and pulls me to the living room. "Ouch! You hurting me you bastard!" I scream. "Shut the fuck up Kehlani!" He screamed as he slammed my head to the floor in the living room.

I laid on my back and had my hands over my face crying quietly. I heard shuffling and Chris was in the kitchen, I heard rattles so I assume he was taking his pills.

"Oh my word! Lani I am so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you like this, please forgive me" he says as he realises what he had done.

He picked me up and put me on the couch. He wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.
My body was aching and his touch was so gentle

Chris p.o.v

Damn it! I hurt her again. I need to take my pills everyday and not skip a day otherwise I hurt the woman I love and we getting married in a month.

Lani sobs and slowly drifts off to sleep. I really didn't mean to hit her just that the way she was looking at our waiter at the restaurant, made me snap.

×××

Kehlani p.o.v

I wake up in the morning and my upper body is painful and I have a bad headache. I go to the bathroom and I splash myself with the warm water on the face.

I look at myself in the mirror before wiping my face. I just stare at the mirror thinking of how bad my face used to look, every morning after Chris would hit me.

I didn't realise that I was crying since my face was still wet. Right now I wish I could just cry underwater where no one can see my tears of pain.

I splash my face with water again and I wipe my face. I apply my face cream and brush my teeth after all that I take a quick bath.

After my bath I change into my black and white sweats. My phone rings and it's Lucy.

"Hey Lani I hope you haven't forgotten about your appointment with the wedding organiser" she said on the other line. "Can't you go for me? I'm not feeling well" I said. " Its your wedding in a month not mine, I don't even know your theme" she says a bit annoyed. "Black and white sis" I say. "I'm coming to get you, get ready" Lucy says. "Bu-" I am cut off. "No excuses" she says as she hangs up.

"Argh" I say as I put my phone on the bed. I tie my red hair up and apply a bit of pink lipstick courtesy of Kylie ofcourse.

After a few minutes Lucy barges in while I was eating my Oreos. My eyes go wide and I quickly take a sip of milk. "Uhm, knocking would be nice you know" I say as I wipe my mouth.

"I still have the key so pssh" she says. "Forgot about that" I say rolling my eyes. " Come let's go!" She say turning on her heels turning to the door.

I run after her till we get to her car. We ride to the wedding organiser and the meeting was long but we got everything done. Dresses, hair and make-up, the venue and transport.

I look at the ring one more time and I can't help but smile. Remembering the five years we have shared together, not always perfect but that's why I love him.

××××××××××