Chapter 13

Lucy p.o.v

"Jake you are only home every blue moon and when it's your child's birthday you tell me shit about having dinner with whichever CEO! Your daughter misses you and you say I am being unfair!" I scream through the phone talking to Sade's dad.

"Baby I need to do this, if I don't how will I make money and get you whatever you want? I'll make it up to you and Sade I promise" Jake says and let's out a sigh. "You better not be lying to me Jake" I say in a more calmer voice.

"Please tell Sade I love her and I love you too Lucy" he says and there's shuffling in the background. "Yeah I love you too Jake" I say as I drop the phone.

I haven't seen Jake in such a long time. It's been 3 months, I miss him so much but it goes unnoticed. He used to be at home everyday when Sade was still a baby. I have to be greatful that he is a successful businessman, he providing for me and Sade.

I got a little side nigga, Jay he satisfies my needs but I really need to cut him off. I feel bad about cheating on Jake.

I snap out of my thoughts and go to the bathroom to handle my hygiene. I decide to wear my grey Nike sweater, grey sweats and my Nike Air forces. I tie my hair quickly and I go to wake Sade up.

I quickly help my babygirl bath. Her bath times really lighten up my mood. She dresses in her sweats too and her cute black Chuck Taylors.

We are going shopping so why not wear something comfy? I quickly snap a picture of me and Sade and post it on my Instagram.

Jake p.o.v

After the call with Lucy, I quickly get ready for my meeting.

I know she might have doubts about me that I might be cheating on her but I ain't. Work has been hectic but I am sure to make it up to her soon.

I quickly head out of the hotel and go to my meeting. The last meeting here in Atlanta then I am going to back to my beautiful wife and daughter.

______________________________

Later

Kehlani p.o.v

I am a bit glad that Jay hasn't showed up out of nowhere but I have been so paranoid that he might show up again.

Chris hasn't laid a finger on me for a while now. I don't know but it feels weird, I have gotten used to being hit that it is a norm for me.

I miss the pain and not being able to move on my own. Strange I know but if you have lived with someone who has given strength and making me stronger by the abuse, the abuse becomes and escape from all your troubles.

Oh well I will have to accept it, Chris has really changed. He tries and he is getting over his issues.

I was busy cleaning the apartment. I was in the bedroom when I found a big plastic container, I opened it and it was filled with old pictures of Chris and his mom.

I find a letter that Chris wrote and it wrote Dear No one. It seems that Chris' mother was killed when he was around and he has anger towards the person who did it. Damn this is messed up.

Then I heard the door getting unlocked and I quickly put everything back and slid the container under the bed and continued cleaning.

"Lani I am home!" Chris shouts. I quickly go to him and I find him in the living room with a smile on his face.

"You seem happy" I say going in my tippy toes to kiss him and he kisses me back.

"Let's watch Netflix and chill" I say to him and he agrees. I make some popcorn and we decide to watch a horror movie and me being a girl I cuddle with him and drifted off to sleep on his chest.

------------------------------------------------
Short chapter the best I could do..
More drama to unfold