Desperation in Those Eyes (Chapter 3)

"I really hate him!" Sooyoung retorted as she slammed the door at her house.

"Eonnie, is there a problem?" A girl at her 18th age asked. She sighed heavily, shaking her head. "Your sister is just stressed." She lifted a small smile. "Is it because of a guy?", "A jerk, Yeri. Let's not talk about it." Yeri giggled in delight, "Ah, finally. A guy frustrating my sister." Sooyoung rolled her eyes, "It's not because I'm in love Yeri, it's because I hate him."

But, there's a saying, "The more you hate the more you love."

"Don't be silly." Sooyoung mumbled to herself.

"By the way, eonnie..." Yeri shyly muttered as she tugged her fingers to her sister's old polo shirt. "Is there a problem, Yeri?", "I kind of need 100 dollars for the event in our school." Her eyes widen in shock, "100 dollars, when!?" Her voice rose all of a sudden, startling the younger sister. She suddenly muttered an apology as she repeated the question. "Well, I'm really thinking twice if I would join the event. I know that 100 dollars is a big deal, eonnie. It's next month, but if you can't handle the price, it's okay. I'm not forcing it, eonnie." Yeri smiled weakly, obviously wanting to join the event. But, she understood her sister's situation. She haven't got that much to give.

Suddenly, the event in the SeOUL raised above her head. "Ah, it's fine Yeri. Eonnie can make you join, enjoy your school days while it last." She smiled taking both of her sister's hand. "It's only once in a life time, don't you ever waste it." She mumbled, looking at her eyes. Yeri saw the desperation in her sister's eyes. And deep down, she wanted to finish her studies and hurriedly help her. Because, that's what she deserves; to be able to breathe in peace.

Sooyoung walked heavily to her room, as she sat down on her squeaky bed, massaging her sore calves. On the other hand, she was contacting her manager. "Wendy-ssi, did I bother you?", "it's fine, Sooyoung! What's the problem?", "I'm currently in need, right now. Can I please be recommended to another work of yours?", "How much do you need?", "It's fine, Wendy-ssi! I'm sorry for the disturbance." She heard a heavy sigh on the other side of the line. "You'll be tired, Sooyoung. After our event in SeOUL, can you direct to our restaurant?" Sooyoung smiled to her self, "I'm doing this for my sister, Wendy. Thank you for the work, God bless you." , "You really are a great sister, Sooyoung. Don't push yourself too hard, okay? If you need something, don't be afraid to call me. Instead of pushing yourself too hard."
She just laughed lightly on the line, agreeing. Then, she cut the line off.

"Sooyoung." A low and raspy voice of a lady knocked on her door. "Mom, are you fine?" She heard her cough a couple of times, "I'm okay. Do you need any rest? It seems like you're stress, honey." Her mother show a warm smile, despite of her illness. Sooyoung smiled in response, "i'm okay, mom. You should rest, your cough is too loud. I'll buy medicine.", "Don't worry about me..." Her mother's voice trailed off as she released another cough.

I should really find another job.

-

"Sooyoung, your shoes are already wearing off. Don't you have any other?" Wendy asked whispering, as she pointed on her shoes. Her eyes widen as she look at her shoes. It's really worn off. She sighed, embarassed. She could feel the other people gazing over her.

They're now currently at the SeOUL's anniversary event. And, she even forgot to buy another pair of cheap shoes. She closed her eyes, feeling the other people's judgement. Until, a swift figure landed a pair of heels in front of her. "You're really stubborn, babe. Where did you hit your shoes, once again?" Her eyes widen as she saw Sungjae, rescuing her from the event. She saw him motioning her to wear the heels, but she remained still. He rolled his eyes, as he knelt down.

Everybody gasped at the scene. Even Wendy, Seulgi, and his friends. What's happening?

He threw her shoes away to the side, as he slid the heel on her toes. He gazed over her toes, up to her legs. For a brat, she has a heck of a body. He shook his head from the thought, finally sliding the two heels on her feet. He lifted up his gaze to meet on hers, as she stared at him with deep questionable gaze. Other people have been assuming them as a couple, since they both look good together. "Why did you do that?" Sooyoung whispered, obviously annoyed. "Aren't there anything to please you, lady?" She averted her gaze from him. "Thank you..." He raised his eyebrow as he leaned closer to her face, "What?"

She hissed, causing him to twitch a smile. But, suddenly she was taken back by his smile. Heat risen on her cheeks, "T-thank you."

She was about to walk slowly. But, she suddenly struggled to walk, who knew that she couldn't walk using heels? Well, after all, she chooses comfortability instead of beauty. She accidentally tugged on his shirt, as he look over her.

He started taking notes on her features. When she's shy, she could be cute as hell. She really had a diverse personality.

"Just don't move and stay where you are." He whispered to her ear, as he directed her to their seats.

Seulgi, smiled adoringly at her. "Don't speak." Sooyoung gestured her to shut up. "I thought you knew him as a jerk, babe?" Seulgi teased as she placed her hand to cup her own cheeks, "Love is really blooming between both of you."
Sooyoung rolled her eyes, "He just helped me. That's not a big deal, I need to work." She was about to stand up when Sungjae noticed her from far away.

He knitted his eyebrows together, "She's really desperate to work." Changsub suddenly nudged on his shoulders, "Is there finally a score between both of you and that chick?" He yanked his arm, "I just helped her, stop assuming bullshit." A hand tapped on his shoulder, as he saw the president of the SeOUL. He jolted to stand up, as they all bowed down. The president kindly smiled at Sungjae, "I'm not really mistaken to choose you as my CEO, Sungjae. You really are an amazing person."

Sungjae smiled, as from far apart, he saw her.

Those desperation in her eyes... What's with her?

-

A/N: Done! So, thank you for the votes and reads guys. I've updated two chapters in a row since the latest chapter previously doesn't have any exciting moments. But, oh well... hope you continue supporting "Begin Again!" Love you guys! x