(The Wrong Timing) Chapter 10

"Sooyoung. Are you fine?"

Her train of thoughts were suddenly interrupted when she noticed that Wendy had been observing her right after she came from the SeOUL building.

"Yes, yes I'm fine." She muttered, faking a smile. "You seem to always space out ever since you came from Sungjae." Wendy mumbled waving her hand infront of her. She chuckled lightly, "I'm fine, Wendy-ssi. Don't worry about me. I'm just tired."

"Why isn't he coming!?" She heard Changsub retort from his table as he was fiddling on his phone. "He might be busy, let him be." Hyunsik muttered as he took the phone away from him. She heavily sighed as she avoided herself from drowning in emotions. Why are you being like this? You don't like him, right? "Did both of you fight?" Wendy, again asked her. She shook her head, "I guess he's busy. That's why he couldn't come. Oh, there's a new customer.

Welcome!"

-

"Spill." Irene sat beside her as they were fixing their selves to go home.

"What do I spill?" Sooyoung awkwardly asked as she tapped her fingers at the vacant table as she stared at the other crew who was closing the restaurant.

"Did you two fight? Is something happening?" She bombarded her with questions, as Seulgi covered her mouth all of a sudden. "Let her talk!"

"Well,..." Sooyoung mumbled as she closed her eyes tight, avoiding the tears. "Did our cold princess finally fell inlove?", "It's not like that. Well, I don't know. What is this feeling? I hate it, it's stinging inside me." She tried to retort as tears formed on her eyes. "If you cry over him, then he's important." Seulgi mumbled as she rested her hand behind her back.

"He's going to Canada. I've overheard it, but I never expected to hear it." She mumbled as she look beneath the ground.
"And then?" Irene questionably asked, as she sighed. "He confessed about taking interest in me."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because it won't work at all. We're too early to be together, it's only been a few months. And, being in Canada isn't a joke for me. There's a lot of pretty girls over there, what if he disregards me as fast as the way he confessed about liking me?" Seulgi sighed, slightly agreeing. "But, I'm already telling you that Sungjae is the type to be cold. And, I'm highly surprised for the way he approaches you. I think he's honest about liking you.", "It's too fast, I can't dictate everything all at once."

Seulgi and Irene sighed in defeat, agreeing with Sooyoung. Knowing that she has no exprecience at love, it was surely normal for her to be scared.

"Shall we go home?" Sooyoung stared at her foot, "Looks like I'll be massaging my calves, once again." She chuckled as Irene and Seulgi stared at her in sadness.

"Good bye." She waved her hand as Irene and Seulgi left her. She sighed as she closed the restaurant door, knowing that she'll be all alone again.

"Are you going home?"

Chills were sent down her spine as she realized the voice. "Sungjae.." she mumbled as she eyed him leaning at the wall.

He chuckled, "I'm asking you, so answer me.", "I'm about to." She muttered as she was about to walk on him. "Then, let me." He grabbed her arm as she was taken back.

"I told you...", "I know, I've heard. That doesn't stop me from chasing you." Her eyes narrowed as she saw the sincerity in his eyes.

"Can we go back to normal, before I go to Canada?"

There it goes again, another pang in her chest.

A small smile was plastered on her face as she nodded slowly, "If that's what you want."

They awkwardly went inside the car as she sighed in frustration while sitting.

"Listen." He sighed heavily, "Four years would pass by, so quick. Can't you develop anything?" He muttered as he drove through the road.

She pursed her lips together as she refrained from talking. Confessing what you feel makes everything worse.

"I told you before, I don't like you.", "You keep on initiating actions that you don't mean. Do you go around making people fall for you and then reject them?" He asked as he kept his eyes on the road. She eyed on him as her lips formed a gap. "You were the first to fall for me."

He look at her with question in his eyes, "I don't like you." She closed her eyes,

"I can't admit it. This would be hard for us, you'll be finding your own life after four years.  We should forbid this, it would only hurt us." He smiled at her comment. "Why are you laughing?"

"You're so cute." He chuckled as he pulled over to a side. Her eyes narrowed as she retorted, "I'm being serious."

He sighed as he leaned closer to her, "Aren't there any chance for us?"
Her breathe hitched as she realized the close proximity among them.
Deep down there, she wanted to say that there's a chance. She wanted to make it easy, that's always for her.

"There won't be." She muttered as he smiled pathetically. "I see."

He brushed his lips into hers as he questioned, "can I kiss you for the last time before I go?"

She averted her gaze so quick, I didn't want it to be our last.

Slowly, she closed her eyes as he deliberately pressed his lips into hers. Savoring the moment he knew that he could still have her. She was the one that got away. Everything about them was so early to start, yet so easy to finish.

This one sided love for him is something he would cherish forever.

"My flight is tomorrow. So early, right?" She sighed as she nodded.

"I guess it's wrong timing for us?"

She chuckled, "Yeah, it's wrong."

-

A/N: So, I'm being bitter af here T^T
I just can't contain myself I already wanted to write the happy moments of bbyu. Oh well, keep on hanging fellas. It will surely come! 😂😭