Patefacere (Reveal)

3rd Person POV

The crew of the Argo II stared at Percy, shocked of what had become of the two time Hero of Olympus. He looked straight back at them, amused.

"So, are you going to stare at me all day or are you going to decide what to do? I mean, as the crew it is up to you, right?"

They immediately huddled together in a circle, every now and then looking back at Percy with a suspicious glance. He payed them no heed, now sat down next to Maiscill again, stroking her fur and quietly whispering in her ear.

She clicked her tongue at him in a repetitive fashion, looking almost agitated and bored at the same time. She clicked her tongue again and the dots connected in Percy's mind.

Morse code.

Click. Click click. On it went, the message processing in his brain.

They were captured. By the dark lady. The lady of the night. Use spell. Location. Check the letter.

His eyes widened and his heart thumped a mile a minute, pulsating against his chest. He jumped to his feet and paced the deck once more, muttering under his breath.

"Location.. Location.. Use spell..? Location.. Use spell for location! I've got it!"

The huddled group jumped apart, startled by his gleeful shout. Thalia took charge of the situation and voiced her mind, though maybe in a politer way. "Care to explain Kelp Head?"

He shot her an annoyed glare, quickly ignoring her and pulling out the letter and tapping his index finger against the sheet of paper.

"Patefacere!"

He clicked his fingers and abruptly sat down once again, pulling out a book no one realised he had with him, from his hoodie-jacket.

The group looked at him weirdly and Frank cocked his head, "Reveal.. Reveal what?"

Percy, not looking at him, held up a finger, pointing at the sky, before once again snapping his fingers. Unlike last time though, a blue fog like mist swirled around his finger, leaving a glowing smokey trail behind it.

The others, bewildered by the scene before them, did not notice his icy blue-green eyes glow for a second or how the almost hidden to the eye chain around Percy's neck turned a deep black for an even shorter period of time.

Shocking them, Percy snatched his hand away, as if he were grabbing something from mid air. His now closed hand opened, only to reveal a yellowing piece of paper that held no writing.

Thalia, now with little patience, looked him dead in the eye, asking him, "Explain what that little demonstration was Jackson. And what the Hades it did. Now."

"Well where's the fun in that?"

A/N:
446 words and a lovely little teaser.
Sorry for not updating for so long, school started and I have a lot more homework than last year.

See you on the flip side!
Me.