The morning after.

Jack's POV:

I woke up pretty late, later than I usually did. But I guess that's what happens when you're hungover. My head felt like it had a million hammers slamming into it everytime I moved. Even when my heart beat, my head pounded. And I hadn't even opened my eyes yet.

Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself and opened my eyes, revealing a not so familiar wall, with a not so familiar painting. Where was I? There was a warm smell, a soothing smell. And I felt warmer than usual, like a dozen blankets had been piled on top of me.

That's when I really looked around.

There was an arm wrapped over my shoulder.

I felt my heart race faster, and in result my head grow worse, before I slowly took a reassuring breath and turned my small body to see who was lying next to me.

Please don't be Mark, please don't be Mark.

"Mark! What the hell am I doing in my bed!? Why can't I remember anything from last night!?" I slapped his shoulder and screamed louder than usual before standing up abruptly and waving my hands in the air as I paced the small space of carpet besides the Mark-filled bed. Dozens of thoughts raced around my head, did he want this? Did I want this? Did I force him to do this? Oh my god... Did I sleep with him?

"Jack... Calm down." Mark stood up and panic filled his eyes. He ran one of his muscular hands through his wavy red hair and tried to avoid looking at me.

"Did... Did we-" I tried asking, but before I could finish I was interrupted.

"No! No... Definitely not. It wasn't a big deal... You just asked me to lay with you until you fell asleep, and I fell asleep by accident." Mark started blubbering words, I knew what he was saying, it was just the way he was saying it.

"Something else happened? Didn't it?"

"No! Nothing... We just cuddled." Mark widened his chocolate brown eyes and locked them wth mine, finally. He managed to catch his breath and I knew he was telling the truth. I was just drunk. I didn't actually want that and he knew that. It was just my alcohol filled brain. Which was seriously a pain in the ass right now.

"So it was just platonic? Nothing happened?" I caught my breath and tried to laugh it off, but instead it just came out awkward and weird. But then again this whole morning was awkward and weird.

We didn't talk much that morning. Mark made some pancakes and we ate them together, all the while remaining silent out of sheer awkwardness. Why was it so awkward? I didn't like him, he didn't like me, so why was it a problem?

But maybe I did like him.

Maybe that's why I wanted to cuddle with him.

Maybe that's why it's awkward right now.

Shit.

I like him.

I hid my face in the fabric of my sleeve and looked at the ground. Mark didn't like me back, I knew that. I was in a shitty situation and there was nothing I could do about it. I just had to let the crush pass. I couldn't risk losing the only friendship I've made, when I'm already getting bullied by some idiots who think I'm an easy target.

Mark's POV:
The words he said kept racing around in my mind. So it was just platonic? He thought it was platonic. That nothing could ever happen with us. I knew it. I knew we would never work. What stupid part of me actually thought that last night was real? It was real in my mind. Everything I thought, and still think, is true. I know I like him. I know that now.

That's why this sucked. I liked a guy, a really great guy, who I was using for a friend I don't even consider a friend anymore. I couldn't hurt him anymore. It had to stop. I don't care if Felix ripped my throat out, I care more about Jacks happiness, than my life. Why'd it take me so wrong to realise that?

--------------------------------

Poll day. 12pm. Locker time.

I feel like I'm going to die. I feel like he's going to kill me.

Everything. I mean EVERYTHING, feels wrong.

I could feel him coming down the corridor and I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.

"Mark!" He yelled, slamming his fist into the locker opposite him, snarling at me with a mischievous smirk. An unpleasant one. "Give me the next fucking poll." His teeth were gritted as he spat through them and onto my face, standing about a flat hand away from my nose. It was awful. I felt like punching him, but I knew I couldn't. I was terrified. But I had to stop it, for Jack.

"Felix-"

"I won't ask again." His hair was scraping against my forehead and it wasn't soft. It felt like daggers ripping my skin apart. His words were deep and harsh, making me forget where we were, and instead feeling like we were all alone and I couldn't get out.

"Felix I can't do it anymore. It's an invasion of priva-"

"Shut the fuck up before I press that send button. I have every little bit of evidence of this little scandal on my phone. What do you think your little boyfriend will think of this, huh?" He laughed an evil laugh and pulled his phone out of his pocket and showed me the countless pictures he had taken of these little meet ups. I couldn't stop. And it wasn't even because I was scared he would find out I wasn't good enough, it was that it would make him upset. But maybe that's a good thing, maybe being sad for a little while will ultimately make him happier, because everyone knows he's better without me.

But it still scared me to upset him. I just didn't have the heart, so I carried it out. I carried out the poll, and my mind was in a different place. I felt like I would burst into tears and fall down into the floor below me and just sink until I couldn't breathe any longer.

I was about to announce the new poll, my voice shaking unsteadily as I looked at Felix who looked like he had a rope tied around my neck, pulling at me like a circus animal. And that's what I was at this point, a circus animal.

"Make it the secret. Get the fucking secret out of him or I swear to god I will kill you." Felix grabbed a knife from the inside of his back and showed it to me, once again spitting in my face. I almost felt myself throw up. He would actually kill me! I could die! My life is actually on the line!

"I can't... It's his secret Fe-"

"get. It. Done." He put the knife to my throat and I felt a sharp sting on my neck as he pulled the knife towards him. He didn't cut me deep, just enough to graze my skin. I had to do it.

I would rather die than get Jacks secret out of him. He would tell me when he's ready. And I love hi- wait what? I... Love him?

A/N:
I'm sorry this was shitty but hey it's another chapter give me a break. Next chapter all will be revealed dun dun dunnnnn

Until next time dudes

Love you guys :)
-septictac