A/N MY ESSAY FROM 5TH GRADE!!

Okay so after a while of looking through my google docs I found it and I might now and then share stories made in school but for now enjoy the quick little story (Person: ya sure it's gonna be short?)

A Colonial Family's Reaction to the Stamp Act

I sat down at the table, "Papa! Hurry up, the newspaper is here!" I said excitedly. "I'ma comin' sweety pie!" Dad exclaimed. I was looking through the paper when Mom came in the room. "What's this I hear? Wait, let me see that..." Momma said. I sighed "Momma, I was reading that paper." I sighed again, "fine...".

Dad came back into the room. "Now let me see that paper Honey," Dad said. "Fine, but you'll be disappointed...." Mom said to Dad unhappily. I helped mom fix up supper. "Momma? Can I ask you something?" I said. Dad whistled "A stamp act... We have taxes, that isn't fair in one bit!" Dad said. "Wait Poppa, taxes, how much?" I exclaimed. "It's 25 times more than it was... I declare a protest!"

The next day I heard a lot ships sailing off "Who would go sailing this early?" I murmured to myself. Maybe it's just me.. I thought. Dad came upstairs with a sign "Papa? Why do you have a sign?" I rubbed my eyes. "Cause I am gonna protest!" Dad said confidently. "This early?" I said. "Well what other time?!" Dad exclaimed to me. Mom came up yawning. "I'm coming too," Momma said to Dad. "Wait, so all the sailing ships are real?" I said. "Well yea! We don't deserve to pay these taxes!!" Dad exclaimed. Wow, dad seems really excited, I thought to myself. "Well I'ma go back to sleep," I said.

Once I woke up for good I got ready for school. "Bye Momma!" I yelled. "Wait no, your staying home today!" Momma said. "WHAT?!?!" I Yelled "WHY?!?!?" I was so confused. "Cause the teachers are going to go protesting too," mom said. "That's weird..." I said. "Well I'ma go to my friend's place," I said. I overheard her say that they were holding a big protest on October 7th - October 25th.

October 7th 1765

Colonies met up in New York for a protest against the Stamp Act, given by the British government. "Britain is so weird," I said. "I don't... really know." There was a knock on the door and I answered. ¨Young Lady, where are your parents? May we speak with them?¨ one of the men asked. ¨Excuse me, but I don't have the slightest idea who you..." "YOUNG LADY, TELL US WHERE IN THE WORLD YOUR PARENTS ARE!!" The men yelled at me. "Momma help!" I cried. "What's wrong? Are you ok Mary...? Who are they?" Momma asked as she rushed from her room. "Ma'am, may I ask your feelings toward the Stamp Act and if would you go protest with the others?" they asked Momma. "Umm.. I don't like it one bit, and yes I would protest," Momma replied.

"Momma who were they?" I squeaked cowardly. "They're just other colonists protesting. Whatever, it's your bedtime, go along Mary, okay?" "Okay.. Momma where's Papa?" I asked. "I don't know.." Momma told me in a worried tone which made me shiver. I hope they leave soon I thought to myself.

October 25th 1765

I was watching Momma and Papa outside the window with other people boycotting papers and destroying them. Now what are they doing? I thought and giggled at them. I reached for my sewed dress, it was truly beautiful. After I put my dress on I headed to the table. Momma apparently made breakfast already. "Well I have chores to do...," I said to myself. Then Momma came inside "Mary guess what!," Momma exclaimed. "What?" I asked. "The Act has been repealed!," Momma exclaimed and squealed.

lol strange right if you want to see more of my old writing projects just request for more

and until next chapter

~Winter