5x02

OK so since it is my birthday here is a little present for you guys. I am really proud of it and I hope you like it. It is sort of a sequel to the "Toby Goes To London" one shot. Please comment and let me know what you think.

WARNING:DD/LG

Spencer walked into her house and she heard voices from the kitchen.

"Do you take milk or sugar?" She heard her mom ask their unknown guest.

"Milk is great" she heard the sound of the voice she had been wanting to hear for weeks. She looked up to make sure her mind wasn't playing tricks on her. It was Toby standing there in her kitchen.

A smile came across her face as Spencer's mom nodded towards her getting Toby to turn around.

"Hey" he said his face lighting up seeing her.

"Hi" she smiled back as she went in for the hug she'd been craving. He wrapped his arms around her holding her tightly. She wasn't letting go either. Had it not been for her mom standing there, they may have been like that all afternoon.

"When did you get back?" she asked surprised he hadn't texted or called to let her know.

"Late last night or early this morning, I don't know, I think I had dinner on two continents." he said trying to lighten the mood.

"Why didn't you call me?" she asked obviously having felt neglected. Was he still angry with her over the pills? Did he know about Alison and was mad she had kept that from him. Had her parents told him not to call her? She was on a very short leash these days.

"I...I...thought I'd come by and see you" he stuttered clearly not knowing how much to say in front of Veronica. He had so many questions. Alison was alive? How was spencer handling it? How was she handling things in general? What about rehab and the pills? Was she really over it? She had seemed so fragile the last time he saw her. She looked better now.

"Why what's going on?" she asked looking to her mother. Were her parents going to be putting down more mandates?

"Melissa told your father and me that she saw Toby in London and that's why she rushed back but apparently, that never happened" her mom explained.

"What?" Spencer asked upset.

"When I went to her place Wren answered the door. He said that he was staying there and that she wasn't in london anymore." Toby said. Knowing both Toby and Wren she suspected more had happened between them than just that and the thought was pretty much confirmed in the way he spoke about the encounter. Wren had pissed him off about something. Spencer knew she could get the full story when they were alone.

"It doesn't make sense" her mom said hoping Toby could give her more insight.

"Well, you can call him if you want?" Toby suggested.

"Wren? Please id rather stick a knife in the toaster." she said backing away from the couple. She knew they needed alone time and after everything their relationship had been put through, they deserved it.

"I have a client to meet in town" she said grabbing her briefcase. "You on the other hand are staying close to home. Is that clear?" she asked knowing full well she wouldn't be leaving the house with Toby there.

"Yes" she answered eager for her mom to leave.

"Bye" she said.

"Bye" Spencer replied.

"Why did you go to london?" she asked pulling of her coat.

"I wanted answers for you, i thought if i could get your sister to look me in the eye and tell me something..."