Dead

The door swung open, for a moment i thought it was empty, that Itachi Uchiha had lied to us. But then Kakashi spotted him in the middle of the room in the darkness. 

"Gaara!" Temari and i screamed in unison we both ran straight for him. His eyes were closed and his chest wasn't rising. I put both hands on his chest and began chest compression, there was no was i was going to let him die. Twenty chest compression's , five breaths, twenty chest compression's, five breaths. "He's dead" A slimy voice filled the room I spun around to see Kisame he looked like a human shark! it was quite incredible. "We extracted Shukaku from him. No one can survive that."

"You bastard!" I pulled Kunai from my pack and ran at him, it was stupid idea because he lifted his sword and swatted me across the room like i was a bug that was annoying him. My back crunched against a pillar. Something was broken. I could still feel my legs though so it wasn't that bad, however i couldn't stand up. 

Kakashi, Temari and Kankoro ran to me and stood in a defensive formation in front of me.

"As if that'll stop me" Kisame hissed as he lunged for the three ninja, they spun and jumped around the room throwing shuriken and kunai, Temari used her huge fan on her back and Kankuro manipulated puppets. it was an incredible sight to witness a leaf ninja and two sand ninja's working in perfect sync with each other. 

When i was finally able to stand i produced a shadow clone jutsu to help them, i couldnt physically help them myself my spine was in too much pain.

Eventually Kisame lost speed and fled before he could be hurt cursing as he ran. 

"Kankuro, Temari can you manage Gaara? I need to get my sister" Kakashi order them.

My brother lifted me carefully in his arms and ran back the way we came, i strained my neck over his shoulder to look at Gaara, to see if he had woken up...he hadn't. The other teams joined us as we ran asking question about whether we were going to be OK. When we finally made it out the cave Temari and Kankuro set Gaara down on the floor, i still couldnt move properly so Kakashi led me next to him. Naruto who had stayed back to help Sakura ran over "Y/N! Are you OK? is Gaara going to be OK?"

"I'm OK" a tear left my eye "but Gaara....i dont know"

"I can help" Lady Chiyo stepped forward and knelt by Gaara's side. "I can save him!"