Chapter 1

Routine

"No....no...I don't...I-I don't want you to die now" sobbed the pinkette, holding tightly onto her lovers hand.

"I promise you....we'll meet again" he responded quietly, gentle strocking her cheek.

"That doesn't matter....you'll die again....I'm a monster....I'll stay alone forever..." She cried.

"Then I'll be reborn a monster as well...." He said.

Completely in shock Amu jumped up from the bed, sweat slowly running down her face. That dream...not again, she thought frustrated, holding onto her head.

She sat up fixing her cloths before removing the curtain from around the bed. Taking a nap at work shouldn't become a habit. But it did for her.

She got up rubbing her head as she looked out of the window of the infirmary. Being one of the oldest beings on this planet yet working as a schools nurse sounds pretty ironic. But that is what her life became after all those years.

Humanity has changed. They stopped hunting and killing immortal people like her. They even stopped believing in them, only letting them appear in cheesy teen and drama novels letting them appear pretty weird. Humanity probably would be shocked knowing how much monsters live among them.

"Hey! Amu! I kinda need your help again" yelled a brunette, slamming the door of the infirmary open as he ran inside. The pinkette turned around annoyed, glaring at the annoying boy. He sweat-dropped.

The boys name was Kukai. He was one of the few monsters at this school. Amu of course is the only one who knew that since he was most likely her only friend. Well....he was rather a dog to her.

Even if it sounded weird it fit. Kukai was a werewolf. Amu had found him about 100 Years ago. He was still a small puppy back than. She actually even thought he was a small puppy. The shock as he turned into a human for the first time was quite big.

"What did you do this time?" She growled annoyed, turning around and seeing him all beat up...once again. She sighed frustrated as Kukai sat down on the nursery bed.

She found that pretty annoying. Kukai got beat up like almost every damn day. He didn't even bother about getting hurt seriously. Amu didn't knew what she was. She only knee she was immortal and had the ability to heal others and herself.

Amu looked around, making sure no human was around before resting her hands in Kukai's wounds, healing them in seconds.

Kukai thanked her as she sat down on a chair. He noticed her gloomy expression. It was always rather sad and depressed. But at the moment it was worse than usual.

"What's wrong....did you dream something weird again?" He asked worried. Even if it seemed like they didn't really care about each other they did a lot. Both of them had lost all of their family. They only had each other now.

"It was a memory....a very painful one" she responded, playing with a finger hanging in a golden necklace around her neck.

"Hey, I never asked you about that. But what's up with that ring?" He asked "you always touch it when you have that expression" he said.

"That's because I have this expression when I have that dream" she told him "touching the ring gives me back a few good memories"

"And what's up with the ring?" Kukai continued staring at Amu as she played with the ring. He never understood why she never took it off.

"It's my wedding ring" she said. Kukai looked at her shocked before falling of the nursing bed surprised.

"Y-you where married!?" He asked still completely in shock. Amu looked surprised. Almost as if she accidentally forgot telling him that.