Chapter3

Followed

It was already afternoon as Amu was in the infirmary staring out of the window. She was feeling rather clouded today. Her mind was still not catching up with her daily tasks. Inside her head she was at the bar yesterday, kissing Ikuto.

Her body shuddered at the pure thought of that. Her lips prickled with warmth as she touched them with her fingers. It was so sweet. She couldn't just forget it that easily. It's been so long since she had this good of a kiss.

While continuously staring out of the window the door opened. Kukai came inside for a treatment. The right side of his face was bruised. Surprised she started at his face as she got up, looking at his face shocked.

Until now she always saw a few wounds on his face. Yet his face never has been this demolished. After all him being a wolf sure made it hard to bruisen him. Amu rested her hand onto his face, healing the bruise.

"So? Who did this to you?" Amu asked pretty interested. If there already was someone that could hurt a werewolf he sure must be strong. That still wouldn't help against her thought.

"I don't know" Kukai rubbed his healed cheek. It always felt weird if the pain faded along with the swelling. "I was flirting with this new girl. Though a few guys told me that I shouldn't since her brother is a creep. The next thing I remembered was a hit in my face" he explained with a sigh.

"Uh-hu" Amu responded bored. She sat back down at the window while spacing out. It calmed her mind watching the people outside live their life so calmly. It be was different from when she was young and had to hide from everyone and everything.

"I did you a favour....now go get me lunch" Amu muttered as her stomach growled. Kukai complained annoyed before Amu threw a book at him as a warning. He immediately ran off getting some food for her. Amu's bad mood sure was visible trough the whole day. That is why Kukai didn't really want to annoy her any more.

Suddenly Amu spoted something blue from the window. She looked at the person closer as he suddenly turned around. The mesmerizing indigo colored eyes from the day before meet hers. Shocked she jumped back, falling from her chair.

Almost immediat Amu got up again,  looking for the blue spot again. It was no where in sight. Sighing Amu rubbed her head, thinking she imagined it. By this point she was probably so desperate that she'd see Ikuto everywhere. Her mind was playing tricks on her.

"Geez....it would have been better if I didn't see him" she murmured to herself as Kukai came back.

"Whom?" Asked the brunette surprised. He didn't catch Amu talking to herself very often. But if she did kg was weird as hell.

"No one" Amu responded.

"If you're talking about the guy from yesterday who seems to be your reincarnated husband-","Kukai....we're not talking about that..." She cut her annoying friend off. She made it obviously that she was pissed. After hundreds of years as friends Kukai could sense when the right time was to shut up. He often did though since Amu was so quite.

".....where's my lunch?" Asked Amu as she noticed Kukai coming back empty handed.

"Ohhhhhhh....that's what I wanted to do"

Sighing Amu demanded Kukai to leave. It has rung for the next class already. Besides her and sick students,  or students who act sick no one should be in the infirmary.

It was rather quite today. Amu didn't really have much to do. The worst thing which happened today was a girl who accidentally cut her finger and it just wouldn't stop bleeding.