Peppermint and Love Potions - Gruvia (Gray/Juvia)

"Amortenia," Professor Dreyar began while stroking his long beard, "is the strongest love potion in the world. It's properties are only evident to the one in love. Miss Lockser," he called to the girl sitting in the back with a smile on her face.

"Yes, sir?" she asked, lifting her head from her hand.

"Come up here, child," the professor told her as he motioned for her to come up in front of the class.

"Yes, professor," she said before hopping off of her chair and making her way to the front.

"Now tell me, what do you smell?" he asked, and Juvia took a deep sniff from the jar it was presented in.

"Juvia smells...ice shavings, and peppermint, and...Oreos?" Juvia's face scrunched up in confusion as she told the class the muggle food.

The class tittered with laughter, and Juvia blushed. Who would ever smell like Oreos?

"Very well, Miss Lockser. And who can tell me why she smells those things?" Makarov stepped around the room with his hands behind his back.

Levy McGarden's hand shot up immediately. "Yes, Miss McGarden," he answers, and her hand goes down instantly.

"It's the smell of her soulmate. The person she is to be with forever," Levy says, softly grinning.

"Correct! 5 points to Ravenclaw," Mr. Makarov says, and Levy pumps a fist in victory.

"But... Juvia does not have a soulmate!" Juvia cries, and the rest of the class turned to look at her.

"Everyone does, Miss Lockser, whether it be romantic or platonic. What you choose to do with this information is your decision. Class dismissed," Makarov stares at Juvia, and the young woman quiets herself. Everyone moved to pack up their bags quickly; there was a trip to Hogsmeade tonight.

Juvia caught up with her friends Lucy and Levy, talking to them as they went to their respective dorms about what treats they were going to buy.

"Juvia does not think that she will find her soulmate ever!" Juvia burst into tears, and Lucy comforted her friend.

"Of course you will, Juvia! Just look at me and Natsu or Levy and Gajeel. We all find each other soon enough," Lucy rubbed her friend's arm and then departed to go with Levy to the Ravenclaw dorms.

Juvia cried all the way to her Hufflepuff dorm, only slowing when she decided to pack her purse for Hogsmeade. She went to dinner in sadness, hoping that one day she would meet her soulmate.

On the way back to her dorm, she saw something unfamiliar. A dark haired boy casting a few spells at a white haired one, and the freezing spells being cast back and forth were gorgeous.

Juvia inched closer until she peeked behind a pillar to see the dueling boys.

"Lyon, stop throwing those fucking things at me!" the dark haired man yelled, firing his own spell at the other wizard. The man stopped to take a breath, and was promptly hit in the chest by Lyon's spell.

"No stopping in the real world, Gray!" Lyon shouted, chuckling.

"Screw you, you bastard!" Gray yelled and Juvia started to blush. He was so handsome...

Unfortunately, one of Lyon's spells hit him square in the stomach and sent Gray flying across the room and knocking Juvia over.

"Oof!" Juvia yelled. The man felt like a ton of bricks on her small body. He laid on top of her stomach first like a hog pile, and it was painful as all hell.

"Sorry you had to witness that idiot," Gray said, pulling himself up and sticking out his hand to help Juvia off the floor.

Blushing, she took his hand and let him bring her to her feet. The first thing she noticed was he smelled cold. Like a winter's breeze that would frostbite your toes, and warm hot chocolate that would warm up your gloved fingers when you went inside.

Peppermint, she decided, and Juvia's blush deepened when she knew what this meant.

He was her soulmate.

And in his hand were crushed Oreos. He placed each of the pieces in his mouth bit by bit, and his breath even smelled like the chocolate cookie.

"Let me make it up to you. You wanna go to Hogsmeade later today?" Gray asked, slouching his shoulders.

"Juvia would love to go!" Juvia exclaimed, smiling up at him.

"Alright then. Let's get going," Gray told her, and together they started a friendship–a relationship–that lasted a lifetime.