Pride and Warriors - Gajevy (Gajeel/Levy)

When Gajeel did something, he did it well. The first pieces of armor he made as an apprentice were far greater than the ones of his peers, and he was proud of himself for it. He knew he was good at what he did, so why hide it?

"A good blacksmith knows his faults," said his mentor, Metallicana, but Gajeel paid no mind to his old friend. He was perfect at what he did even though he spent half of the time in the shop as the others did. Why spend more time when you could be out doing something useful with your time?

Gajeel worked steadily away at his new armor fit for battle. He didn't know when he'd actually use it–most people saw his stature and decided not to pick a fight with him–but it was good to have anyway.

As sweat poured down his forehead, he wiped it away quickly before bringing the hammer back down on the chest plate again. He knew that this would be the best armor he ever made, and he was damn proud of it too.

"Excuse me," said a small voice from behind him, and he jolted upwards. Realizing that the bell on the door had probably rang and he hadn't heard it, Gajeel put away the hammer quickly and turned around to face his new customer.

But his tongue practically caught in his throat when he found who it was.

She was short, blue-haired, and looked sassy. And that immediately made him want to tease her. She wasn't too bad looking, either...

"What can I do ya for, short stack?" he asked with a chortle, and the young woman stomped a foot at his quip. Just as he thought. Sassy.

"Tch. All I need is some new armor," the small woman said, and with strong arms she heaved the armor onto the blacksmith's table.

"Why would you need armor? I'm sure you got someone to protect you. If you don't, you better get one soon," Gajeel smirked.

"I'm a warrior, thank you very much. And my size is used to my advantage." The woman crossed her arms across her chest with a pout, and Gajeel chuckled. She was cute, he had to give her that much. But still, she was full of bullshit.

"Yeah? Then show me."

"Sure," she told him, and instantly she snaked between his legs and came out behind him, and he looked behind him with a smile.

"What are you gonna do shortstu–" he began, but the wind was quickly knocked out of his lungs as he was flipped over promptly and landed on his back.

The woman stood over Gajeel with a triumphant smile. Her blue hair hung over her face, and in a flash she tied it back in a bun. He could see her skin illuminated by the light, and it seemed to shimmer with how pale she was.

"How is it lying on the ground with a woman half your size standing over you?" She asked, hurrying over to the side of him. She grinned even wider, and to his dismay his cheeks flushed slightly.

Short, sassy, and badass.

Holy shit, he was in love.