Insecurities and Coats - Lyredy (Lyon/Meredy)

Lyon strutted around in his new coat, and stopped to eye himself in the mirror. He grinned at his reflection before looking at his wife, who was putting dinner in the oven.

"What do you think, my love?" he asked, turning to the side to admire all angles of his physique.

"Looks good, sweetie," Meredy replied, not turning from her spot in the kitchen.

"You didn't even look!" Lyon cried, placing a hand on his heart. Why would his wife not want to look at his lovely figure? He looked amazing in the coat of emerald green. It popped against his light skin and hair. She was sure missing out on quite a sight...

"Lyon, you look good in anything. Why do I have to tell you that every time you buy something new?" Meredy sighed, pushing the vegetables around in their pot.

"Whatever is the matter, dearest?" Lyon inquired, sitting down in the chair nearest to him and placing his right foot on his left knee. "Tell me all about your day."

"At work today someone asked me why you were with me. After all, I'm no longer in a guild and you're a part of one of the highest ranking guilds in all of Fiore. Why would you be with me, an ex-criminal?" Meredy told him as she slumped in the chair across from her husband.

"Meredy..." Lyon began before clearing his throat, "I am with you because I love you. It doesn't matter if you're in a guild or not. What matters is that you're still a powerful mage and you can kick someone's ass if asked. And you're currently raising someone that's going to be very important to me."

Meredy rubbed her swollen stomach with a sad grin. Since she had gotten pregnant, she hadn't been able to go on many missions with her husband, which made her lonely and somewhat depressed. Juvia came around every once in a while, but it made the ex mage sad that everyone else had a job while all she did was sit at home.

"But..." Meredy started, but Lyon silenced her words with a chaste kiss on the lips.

When he broke from her, he smiled kindly and caressed her face with his long fingers. "I don't like any buts other than yours, my dear," he chuckled, and Meredy laughed for the first time in ages. The sound was foreign to her ears, but it felt good to grin and laugh again.

"Besides, little miss Rose Vastia is counting on you," Lyon murmured, and he dropped a kiss on Meredy's belly and brushed his fingertips across the height of it, earning a shudder from Meredy. Her pregnancy had deemed her sensitive to most touches...

The timer beeped on the food then, and Meredy began to serve the meal. Lyon helped by cleaning the dishes when they finished, and together they ended the night by snuggling up and talking about their future together as a family of three.