~Arrival~

The ocean's waves moved to the wind. The tide was rising slowly and the sun was setting. It was so many different colours; Blue, green, brown, and a little red. The cool, calm wind flew through my hair as my pencil bounced up and down on the pad of notepaper. My eyes shifted from left and right to the waves and the tiny island in the distant. This was the view I saw everyday, and it's always just as breath taking as it was before. My feet dug into the sand as I looked at the water. The ocean was my entire life. I spent all of my free time on the beach, either writing down facts that I learned, or drawing sea creatures I saw. But here was always one creature I always dreamed of seeing: mermaids. Yeah, I know it sounds insane. Something about them though has always fantasized me. The way they're half fish, half man was just amazing. I've heard theories that they can shape shift human and blend in with us. The colours of their tails are just so beautiful. I sighed as I leaned back and rested on my elbows, closing my eyes. "Nothing." I said to myself. 

      "Yuichiro! Time to come inside!" I heard Guren call from the house. I opened my eyes again and focused my gaze to the house. "Alright ok be there in a second!" I yelled and started to pack up my bag. I took one more look at the ocean as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. My hair flowed through the wind as I threw my bag over my shoulder. "I'm not telling you again!" He yelled. My eyes rolled as I picked my shoes up with my index and middle fingers. His silhouette could be seen through the screened door. I opened it up and stepped inside, putting my shoes by the doorframe. "Took you long enough." Kimizuki said as I dipped my feet into the bucket of water to clean the sand off. "Whatever. I would have stayed longer if Guren hadn't called me in." I said, drying them off.

"Make sure you empty the bucket out and refill it." He said and sat down on the couch.

"Isn't that your job?"

"Yeah but I don't feel like doing it."

"Ugh, you're an ass." I said and picked the bucket up to dump it out. I heard him laugh to himself over the sound of the tv. The sand dripped into the sink as the soap and water rushed over the bucket. I placed it back in its place, nice and clean as I grabbed my bag to head to my room. You could immediately tell which room was mine by the seventeen thousand different sea animal creature stickers over my door. Walking in, you would see nothing but newspaper articles and drawings I drew of the animals all over my wall. The articles consisted of different animals like mutant sharks, beached whales, but most of them were mermaid sightings. I threw my bag next to my desk as I turned on my lamp. I grabbed my notebook and flipped to the drawing I got today. It was only a sand dollar sadly. That's all it's really been lately. I haven't been able to find anything else. That's how much I've studied the ocean in front of me. I ripped it out of the book and and placed it on the wall, holding it up with tape.

"There we go. Another to the collection."

I sat down on my bed as I looked at up the drawings hanging across my wall. My back covered the bed as I laid down and closed my eyes. I looked at my watch to see the time. "9:30. Damn." I whispered. I took my jacket off and put it around the foot of my bed as I crawled into it. "Night mom, night dad. Wherever you guys are." I said as I looked up at the ceiling fan. My eyes became droopy and I felt them close on me.

**Time Skip**

      My alarm went off and I slammed my fist onto it. I sat up and yawned, rubbing my eyes. I heard a knock at my door. "Come in." I said as I walked to my desk. The door opened and Guren walked in. "Get dressed. We're heading to the aquarium. I heard they have a new exhibit." He said. My eyes brightened. "Really?!" I said happily.

"Hurry up and get dressed so we can get there early."

I ran to my closet and got changed pretty fast. I slid down the railing and hopped over to the door to grab my shoes. "Yuichiro, we're not waiting for you anymore." Kimizuki said, crossing his arms. "Oh hush." I said and quickly put my shoes on. I grabbed my guide book and ran to the car. "Come on! I want to get a good spot!" I said, hitting the glass window as hey slowly came out of the house. They got in and Guren started the car. I excitedly looked out the window as we started on our was to the aquarium.

**Time Skip**

We arrived and the car hadn't even stopped before I scurried out to get there. "Wow, it's really crowned here. I wonder what the new exhibit is." Kimizuki said, taking his earbuds out. "Whatever it is, I want to get a full glimpse of it." I said, running to the ticket booth. "Yuichiro! Slow down! Jesus." Guren said as he paid for the tickets. "You're acting like a little girl who's about to meet the Disney princesses for the first time." He said as he handed me the ticket. We got through the gate and I immediately ran to the closest attendant.

"Where's the new exhibit?"

"It's where the otters use to be."

"Thank you so much!" I said and ran over tot he escalator. After I go to the top, the room was super crowded with people.

"Where is it?"

"Wait, these really exist?"

"Mommy, do you see it?

I looked around for a good spot and found one in the front. I pulled my notebook out and stared at the glass to find whatever was in there. "Ladies in gentleman. We have spent years to find this creature and we've finally done it!" The attendant said through the microphone. Everyone gasped and I turned my head back to my glass to be in awe. It's tail wrapped around the rock as it peered around the corner. Then it's head appeared and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Introducing the first ever mermaid ever caught!"

It came into full view as everyone clapped and cheered. I couldn't move a muscle. "They're real." I said quietly. The mermaid looked around at us, confused. He had blonde hair with sky blue eyes. There were fins along his forearm and on the sides of his tail. The tail was a mixture or purples and blues, matching his eyes. He was the most beautiful sea creature I've ever seen. I walked up to the glass where the little kids stood to look at the creature. He looked down to where we were and it was almost like our eyes met. His eyes widened, along with mine. His head shot up a little and he looked behind him. Then he quickly swam away, disappearing behind the rocks.

I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter! Make sure you check out my other Mikayuu fanfics!

Like**********

Comment****

Share********