~Final~

"Mikaela, you're not entirely mermaid.

Mika's eyes widened. "W-What?" He asked. I looked over at her, confusion written all over my face. "It's a long story my son. But, you need to know your truth." She said. Mika watched carefully.

"Your father, was much like you, human. Well actually, he was human. He was athletic, swimming in competitions and having a love for the ocean that was very big." She explained. Then she looked at me. "Then one day, he found me by the shore. Instantly, he fell in love. He would come to the ocean every night to swim with me. And of course, I wanted him to be with me forever. But, knowing I was a mermaid and he was human, it wasn't possible."

I leaned a little closer to listen. "Soon, I decided to give him air so I could allow him to see my kingdom and meet my family. Soon, he showed the same symptoms of your partner here." She said, motioning towards me. My eyes widened a little. Mika looked towards me, my gaze still at his mother. "After a few months, I became pregnant with you Mikaela."

Mika looked back towards her. "Your father was still human back then, which resulted in you being half human. But soon, your father wasn't human anymore."

"He was a mermaid when I was born, right?" Mika asked. She slowly nodded.

"His body slowly turned him into a mermaid. And he had to stay like that permanently." She said. My eyes widened. "I-Is that going to happen to me?" I asked. She looked towards me and slowly nodded. "When did you give him he breathing ability?" She asked Mikaela. "I-Is been almost three years."

Her eyes widened a little. "Three years?" She asked. I nodded. Then she looked down, puzzled. "That's very odd..." She said. Mika swam over to her slowly. "What is it?" He asked, grabbing her hand. She looked st him before looking at me. "Come here, dear boy."

I carefully swam over to her. Carefully, she cupped my cheek before moving my hair away from my neck. "The marking....Your father never had these..." She said. My eyes widened, remembering the purple swirls that always appeared in my skin when I had my gills. "What are they?" I asked. She examined them carefully.

"I've seen this before..."

"You have?" Mika asked. He looked towards me, worry in my face. He carefully grabbed my
hand. Krul looked back towards us. "Come with me." She said as she slowly started swimming off. Mika took me carefully through the castle. I felt Cordelia grab my pinkie again. I looked over at her before carefully bringing her up to let her grab onto Mika's hair. Mika looked over at his seahorse before smiling softly.

Krul lead us into what looked like a library. She looked at the different books before grabbing one. She flipped through it. "Just as I thought."

"What is it?"

She turned the book to us. It was in a language I couldn't understand. "W-What does it say?" I asked. Mika seemed to be reading it. Then, he looked up at her. "He's Chikayoshi?" He asked. "Chikayoshi? What do you mean?" I asked, looking at them. Krul looked at me. "Who was your mother?" She asked.

"Amane Sumiko."

Her eyes widened a little. "Really?" She asked. I slowly nodded. "W-Why?" I asked. She looked back at the book. "Where was your mother born?"

"I-I don't know. I got separated from her when I was 3 years old. I finally met up with her again close to 5 months ago. I don't know much about her." I said. She looked at me before swimming closer to me. She stared into my eyes as I took a glance at Mika. He stared at me in confusion. I looked back at Krul. "You do have her eyes..." She said softly.

I tilted my head. "Her eyes? Who's her?" I asked. She moved hair out of my face. "It seems you aren't entirely human either."

"What?!"