~Questions~

I walked inside and sat down on the couch, yawning.

"Did you learn anything about 'Mikaela'?"

I jumped at the sound of Guren's voice. "Uh, y-yeah I guess. I learned a little bit about his parents." I said, sitting my stuff down next to me. "You've been spending a lot of time with that thing. I feel like its affecting you mentally." he said, leaning againdt the wall. "Why would you think that? Plus you know its been my dream to find a mermaid, and well heres my chance to learn about them." I said, looking over at him. He rolled his eyes and stood up straight.

"I just feel like your spending too much time with it."

"Him." I corrected him.

"Fine , whatever. Now go do whatever you usually do." He said, waving me off and walking to his bedroom. I stood up slowly and walked outside. I decided to test my abilities a little more, trying to understand it more. If what Mikaela said is true, and I'm becoming more like him, I'm gonna need to get use to it. I took my shirt off and rested it on the picnic table, running towards the ocean. Once I was deep enough, I dove in and started swimming down. My eyes finally adjusted and everything became clear. It was just as breath taking as before. The fish's colours were even brighter due to the sunlight, the coral was alive. My head spun around at everything in awe.  It was just all, beautiful. Still swimming down, I came across many different coloured shells. Blues, purples, even pinks. But there was one in particular that caught my eye the most. It was almost like a mixture of green, red, orange, and purple, all in one big swirl. I picked it up carefully, making sure there wasn't a crab still living in it. It was just so glossy, so perfect, so... I put it into my pocket quickly and swam back to the surface. The sun was almost down setting as I put my shirt back on, going inside. "Let's go Yuichiro. Dad's locking us up for tonight." Kimizuki said, pushing is glasses up his face. "Oh hush. Go back to dyeing your hair, you princess." I said, then quickly ran to my room, shutting the door and locking before he could reach me.

"YOU'RE DEAD AMANE!!" He yelled, banging on my door as I fell to the floor laughing my ass off.

I heard Guren's start yelling at him and quickly tried stopping myself from laughing as he walked away, mumbling. I wiped the "tears" away from my eyes as I walked over to my desk, turning on the lamp. I pulled out a little kit I use to use when I made seashell necklaces for  Guren and Kimizuki. Pulling out the tweezers, I started beading together different smaller shells until it created a long line of them. Luckily the shell had a hole going through both sides of the shell and I put the thread through it, using the beautiful shell as a charm. I grabbed a hook and pulled it all together, using a clip to connect the two ends. I exhausted deeply, sitting back in my chair. I looked down at it and smiles. My alarm went off for midnight. I yawned and carefully put the necklace in my bag. Climbing into bed, my blankets covered me as I rested my hands on my chest. I finally fell asleep, but here were no nightmares. I had dreams about Mikaela. About him being a human and magically climbing out of the ocean like a god. Another dream, me becoming a full mermaid and joining him in his castle. There were no bad dreams. Just dreams about the mermaid.

**Time Skip**

My alarm went off as I pounded my fist onto it. My eye adjusted slowly as I sat up. Quickly getting dressed, making sure the necklace was still there, I ran downstairs to put my shoes on. "Back by seven!" Guren yelled from the kitchen. "Got it! Bye!" I yelled back as I closed the door. I parked my bike by the entrance as I ran by the door. Mitsuba was already waiting for me. "Come on! You're slow!" She said as I walked up to the door. She lightly pushed me in as I said my goodbyes, running towards he exhibit.

"Yuichiro!"

I turned around and saw Yoichi running towards me. "Hey Yoichi!" I said, smiling.

"Fancy seeing you here huh?" We started walking towards Mikaela's exhibit.