~Confussion~

The bath faucet squeaked as I turned it to the hot water. I looked in the mirror at my oily hair as I undressed myself. I dipped my feet into the steamy, hot water as I sat down. The purple swirls started to form around my sides and back and my gills started to breathe the water. My mind started drifting to my meet up with Mikaela today. The food, the conversation. The kiss. That was the main thing on my mind. His lips against mine as I held onto him tightly. I sighed and pulled my knees close to my chest. "I can't believe I actually kissed him." I said quietly, pressing my head onto my knees. I used my first kiss on a mermaid, a beautiful one to be specific. But I never thought it would be on a guy. I mean yes, he is beautiful but, could I really be attracted to him? My mind was in so many different places with so many unanswered questions. After my bath, I got dressed and climbed into bed. My eyelids slowly fell as dreams of Mika took over.

**Time Skip- 4 months**

My visits with Mika shortened as the months passed. My abilities started becoming more noticeable. I've had to start drinking water more and had to stay in water more. Scales have started to appear by my gills but lucky Guren and Kimizki haven't noticed yet. I've learned a lot more about Mikaela as well, about his kingdom, his family, and more about his species. Today was the day I got to go see him again. Guren limited me to seeing him three days a week, which sucks. Our relationship has become more complex since that day. We haven't kissed since then but have slowly gotten to known each other better. I put my jacket on and ran downstairs. "Bye!" I yelled as I shut the door. I grabbed my bike and rode to the aquarium. After I got in I ran to Mikaela's exhibit. I got up the escalator and saw Yoichi talking to Mika. I smiled and walked over to them. Mika looked up and smiled with excitement. "Hello Yu!" He said, happily. Yoichi turned around and smiled.

"Hi Yuichiro."

I sat down next to them and looked over at Mika. He blushed slightly and looked away, smiling. "Oh I forgot!" Yoichi said and went through his bag. He pulled out a package and handed it to me. "Happy birthday Yuichiro!" He said smiling. I looked at the gift surprised and took it carefully. "Y-you didn't have to Yoichi." I said, unwrapping it. I opened the box and pulled out a book that had different kinds of sea shells all over it. "Whoa." I said, my eyes shifting through it amazed. "I know how much you said you wanted this book but it was too expensive. So I saved my money up and finally got it for you." He said smiling. I looked back up at him and wrapped my arms around him. "Yoichi you're the best!" I said, hugging him tightly. He laughed softly and hugged back. "I'm glad you like it." He said as he pulled back. "I didn't know it was your birthday today Yu." Mika said, placing his hand on the glass. I smiled and aligned my hand with his. "Yep. I'm sixteen today." I said.

"Well I wish I could send my wishes in a gift, but as you can see, I am in a fish tank."

I laughed at his comment. "It's fine. You being here is enough for me." I said. He smiled slightly. "Well I better get going. Tomoe is here to pick me up." He said, standing up. "Alright, see ya! Oh and thanks again for the book!" I said waving. He waved back then ran to the exit. I smiled slightly and looked over at Mikaela. He smiled as well and his eyes shifted to the top of the tank. "I'll be there in a second." I said and ran up the stairs, hoping to beat him. Sadly, he got there before me, resting his elbows on the edge of the tank and his chin in his hands.

"Took you long enough."

I rolled my eyes and sat next to him, my feet dipping into the tank. He lifted his arms up and I hoisted him up next to me, making sure his tail was still in the water. "So, 16 today correct?" He asked, looking over at me. "Yep. The big one six." I said, blushing slightly. "What's something that you wish for?" He asked, curious. I looked forward, thinking. "I'm not one of those people that really think about asking for gifts. Birthdays for me weren't really an interest since I've never actually had a real birthday before." I said, looking down.

"But what about Guren? And your brother, Kimizuki? Have they not given you a real birthday?" He asked.

"Guren tried and Kimizuki usually was with his friends. We're not really friendly with each other. But he's my brother, so I kinda learned to live with it." I said, looking over at him.

"I've never known what it was like to have a sibling. I was always an only child."

I looked over at him surprised. "Really? You don't have a brother or sister?" I asked. He shook his head. "I've always wanted one."

"Take mine. I don't want him" i said, laughing. He laughed slightly as well. I felt his hand grab mine softly. I looked over at him out of the corner of my eye as he stared off into space.

"Hey Yu?"

"Yeah?" I asked, looking over at him.

"What happened to your parents?" My eyes widened slightly as I looked away. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked." He said, gripping my hand tightly. "No, it's fine. I've never talked about it before, and I really should talk about it." I said. His eyes shifted to mine as I took a deep breath.

"When I was about three, my parents and I went out for a family dinner. We turned down this alley way where it was pitch black. Of course I was afraid of the dark and pretty much had a death grip on my mothers hand that my dad ended up picking me up. Then he just, came to a stop. Turns out, there was a man with a knife in front of us, threatening us. I don't remember much, only my mothers screams for me to run and not look back." My mind flashed my mothers horrified face as she payed on the ground. I felt my eyes water slightly. "I just ran, and ran, and ran until I couldn't run anymore." I said, closing my eyes tightly and held Mikaela's hand tightly. "That was when Guren found me. He took me in, adopting me officially and basically cared for me. My name is technically suppose to be 'Yuichrio Ichinose' but I kept it 'Yuichiro Amane' just in case I do ever find my parents again. But, after 13 years of nothing, they're either dead or they've completely forgotten about me." I said, tears rolling down my face. I looked over at Mika, his eyes widened in surprise.

"Yu, I-I.."

"This is why I couldn't talk about it before..! It makes it feel like that it was my fault that they're gone..!" I yelled, crying. He wrapped his arms around me quickly, bringing me closer to him as I clung onto him tightly, my face in his shoulder. "I'm sorry Yu." He said quietly, stroking my head trying to calm me down. I lifted my head up, looking at him. Hi leaned forward and softly pressed his lips against mine, holding onto me tightly. I closed my eyes and kissed back, leaning into him. Then, it was as if the kisses started getting more ruff each time. Each kiss was deeper then the one before. Our hands linked together as my tongue moved into his mouth. He gripped onto me tightly, battling my tongue. I pulled back panting, a trail of saliva connecting to his tongue. He was panting as well, his eyes closed as his chest rose and fell. His icy blue eyes opened slowly as they rose up to my eyes. A smiled appeared on his face as e blush on my face increased. "Happy birthday, Yuichiro." He said, his face slowly becoming pink as well. I smiled and hugged him tightly again, my eyes tearing up again. "Thank you Mika, so much." I said.

"For what?"

I lifted my head and looked up at him, tears still going down my face. "For being the only sunshine in my messed up life." I said, smiling.

Hey! So I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Hopefully they can get a better relationship  throughout the story (because I suck at writing RIP) but yeah.

Like**********

Comment****

Share********