Chapt. 2

A restless Karlie turns to her opposite side for the millionth time tonight. She and Taylor had tried to go to bed early and it took mere minutes for Taylor to fall asleep. Karlie however, hasn't slept at all.

Her mind is racing with thoughts that have been haunting her these last two months being involved with Taylor. They haven't defined their relationship, mostly because Karlie was terrified of commitment even though she's never mentioned that aloud. Taylor more than likely knows, and despite her own feelings, she's clearly putting Karlie's first.

She's always putting everyone else before her. A trait that Karlie adores and can't stand all at once. For once she wished Taylor would just put herself first, but because of her lifestyle she thinks she's become a burden to others. The thought of Taylor being a burden in Karlie's mind makes her sick.

For she's been nothing but a gigantic tornado in Karlie's, spinning her life since day one. Deep inside, she doesn't know herself anymore in the best way possible.

These thoughts swirl and race around her busy mind as the minutes tick on and on as dawn lightly approaches. Karlie abruptly feels the bed shift, and she turns quickly knowing Taylor is now facing her.

The blue eyed beauty was sound asleep however, although she looked so peaceful in her sleep, Karlie wished somewhere that she would've come face to face with her favorite pair of eyes. Instead, she came to face a sleepy Taylor, with her mouth slightly agape, letting soft rhythmic breaths escape into the quiet bedroom. A soft smile graces Karlie's face as she watches her with the heart eyes she suppresses to Taylor during the day.

She can't admit to the girl how easily she's fallen for her. How everyday when she's not around Taylor, her body aches to be near her. The burning jealously and protective rage that consumes her anytime she reads a negative article or hears some comment on he street. All she wants is to keep Taylor safe, even if that meant having to someday walk away.

Who am I ever kidding? Karlie says internally as she intently memorizes Taylor's face in the light shades of the bedroom. I don't deserve someone like her, I never have. We haven't had the "talk" yet because we both know this isn't meant to last. Karlie's mind races as she doesn't take her she's off Taylor's face. Suddenly, in a small flicker, she's met with the sleepiest, glowing blue eyes she's ever seen. She catches her breath again quickly, lightly reaching out to caress Taylor's face, baring a soft smile.

"Good morning, beautiful girl." Karlie whispers lovingly as she inches a little closer.

Taylor smiles, rubbing her face with the blanket before innocently nuzzling forward into Karlie's chest.

As heartwarming as the small movement was, it actually manages to break Karlie's sensitive heart a little more this early morning. Relax Karlie, you know she isn't yours to keep, she never was. Enjoy this, while you can. She says, reminding herself of their pending reality.

"Your heart is racing." Taylor mumbles against Karlie's chest, her sleep induced voice is gentle music to Karlie's ears.

"It's been one of those nights." She admits with a sad, dull laugh.

Taylor notices the shift immediately and responds. She gently pushes herself away from the other singer and repositions herself on her pillow, gazing intently into Karlie's eyes that are oh, so green right now.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asks in a worried voice. She doesn't like when Karlie has her all too often restless nights. Where her wondering mind fills her with vast amounts of doubt and sadness as her night only drags on. She never admitted it, but Taylor always knew. It wasn't her place to say yet, as much as she's dying to help, it's Karlie's personal struggle.