Chapt. 9

"You seriously want to go out for lunch?"

Karlie's question sounds timid and a slight frown appears on Taylor's face as she studies herself in the bathroom mirror, finishing up her signature red lip look.

"Of course, unless that's an issue?" Taylor says back, lightly applying lipstick where she thinks she's missed.

"No issue, just surprised."

"Surprised?"

"You haven't wanted to go out with me recently, like in public." Karlie mumbles quietly. She's sitting on the edge of Taylor's large bathroom counter, her back to the mirror she mindlessly scrolls through her phone. But while she might not be paying attention, Taylor is and the sadness she finds laced in Karlie's questions make her heart heavy.

Quietly, she caps the lipstick and purses her lips together. They've gone from dull to busy on their lives. After their conversation about Karlie opening up her own mini studio and label, the younger singer was greatly inspired. That next morning Taylor woke around seven and was shocked to see that Karlie was already downstairs, breakfast and coffee made and she was on her third phone call of that morning. Inspired by Karlie's own excitement, Taylor cleared her schedule that day and joined Karlie in picking out a building. It took all day, but late in the evening she signed on a place, and its been a ride ever since. Trying to put together a studio and a team was proving to be difficult. And Taylor hasn't been able to help her much since, her album was being put together.

She thought that staying in wasn't an issue since they haven't seen each other as much, but today she wanted to go out. Somehow, Karlie and Taylor were able to schedule some time off together so they could go to a casual lunch out, maybe even shop but now she just feels awful. Has she been neglecting Karlie this entire time from not going out?

With a side step, Taylor slides herself in front of Karlie and gently lifts up her chin so that they're face to face. Looking at her for a few seconds she playfully tugs on Karlie's collar until she's coming in close and they're kissing. She smiles which breaks their little moment but Karlie giggles anyway.

"I'm sorry we haven't gone out much. I wasn't trying to hide you, we've both just been so busy. I didn't think we had enough time, but we do today." Taylor says softly. Her tone is neutral and apologetic but it's calm. Karlie slightly closes her eyes, soothed by the sound of Taylor's voice and the way she's lightly running her fingertips up and down her arms.

When Karlie doesn't respond right away Taylor is able to sense that there's something deeper bothering the singer.

"Is something else wrong?" Taylor inquires, her blue eyes fragile as they scan Karlie's face trying to read for her emotions. Despite Karlie's almost perfect poker face, she's not trying to hide that things have been bothering her. She's only hiding how much it bothers her how Taylor makes her actually think. Karlie Elizabeth Kloss does not get flustered over women, nor do they intimidate her.

That is yet again, until she met Taylor.

Shrugging, she looks down at the ground a little longer before being able to face Taylor again.

"I don't know if anythings wrong because everything happening between us is something I've never experienced before. It's changing me Taylor, this entire relationship. Whatever it may be."

"And that bothers you?" Taylor inquires, wedging herself a little closer against Karlie's body. "To me it seems like a good thing but I guess not.." she trials off, shifting her weight from one hip to another.

Karlie's head shoots up and her brow furrows, "I didn't mean it like that!" She says quickly, scrambling to defend herself and trying her best to communicate with Taylor the right way.