Chapt. 8

The next few weeks between the girls fly by them but their days pass rather dull. Taylor has been in and out of the studio working on her own music but Karlie has been taking a break.

Just a few days ago she called Derek and convinced him to meet with her. It's not unknown to Karlie that Derek went from friend to being on the outs with her and she knows he isn't her biggest fan anymore. It makes her sad but she understood, she always understood. Upon meeting she didn't mention to his always running mouth about how he had no right to being up to Taylor her previous relationship, mostly because she promised Taylor she wouldn't and she couldn't handle going back on her word to the girl. However she did have her own bone to pick with him. When she announced to him that she wanted to take a little break and only release ep's or singles right now, he was not impressed.

She didn't care though. Derek was trying to run her entire life and he was the one who chose not to be in it anymore. She was an individual with her own career courtesy of Tree Paine's advice (yes, they're getting along, and quite well) she realized she couldn't let Derek try to run her. He wasn't even apart of her label. He's only a hired producer.

After a lot of yelling and bickering on his part, he let it go and tossed his hands up in defeat. She had won again, that didn't matter to her though.

As she lays on Taylor's couch listening to music and stroking Olivia as she sleeps soundly on the girls chest, she's thinking about her entire life. Does she want to keep constantly making albums? She loves it, but it's hard work. And as of recent, she's been wondering if this was even her dream. Coming into the industry dramatically changed her life and took a massive toll on her. She's even more distant from her family and can't even remember the last time she's seen a sister in person.The online hate was ridiculous, she only has more heartbreak when she sees Taylor googling herself and loosing her mind over it. Was her mental and emotional well being worth being sacrificed for the fame?

On an alternative side, Karlie adores making music. She's thankful to this career also, without it she never would've met Taylor. An idea floats into her head that gets her mind racing. It's actually been on her mind for months now and she's discussed the idea with Taylor as well.

What if she opened up her own record label?

Now she doesn't know what she would call it yet or who she could even pull together who would be willing to help her get it started, but it's an idea, and it's one she's financially able to do. Of course, Taylor was over the moon about it. As she recalls, Taylor couldn't stop saying how it's a "very intelligent business move" but she also couldn't forget how happy Taylor looked when Karlie brought up actually doing something with her life.

The sleeping cat wakes herself up and her abrupt stretching brings Karlie back down to reality.

"I don't know Olivia, what do you think?" Karlie asks in a small voice, lightly scratching the ball of fluffs ears. "Could I honestly start a business? Would I be able to handle all of that responsibility?" She asks, now looking down at the cat and seeing its tired eyes looking lovingly back at her.

"Jesus Christ Kloss, you're talking to a cat." She mumbles aloud before carefully sitting up, laying Olivia down on an open couch cushion and stretching out her long legs.

In a curious mood, she stands from the couch and makes her way into the kitchen where she last recalls seeing Taylor's laptop. Grabbing a green smoothie from the fridge she flips the overhead light on and sits down at the counter. She opens the laptop and types in Taylor's password, bringing the screen to a desktop photo of them together.

From the time when they first began hanging out and a night where a contracted hangout completely turned into date night, a Knicks basketball game.