Chapt. 13

10:32am

Waking up wide eyed and filled with fits of anxiety, Karlie Kloss rolls over to an empty bed. "What the fuck?" Karlie mumbles as she gazes around the seemingly empty room until she finds a pink post it note on the singers pillow where her head should be.

A tad upset and possibly conflicted, Karlie sits up on her knees. Running a nervous finger through messy blonde hair she's never felt more uncomfortable. With her tight Versace brief underwear and one of Taylor's plain white T-shirts, she finds the courage to read the note that was left to her.

"Get ready for tonight baby,
It's all yours. I was running behind and needed an early start, I know today is going to be a long day. But, I am so unbelievably proud of you and I can't wait to see you later I'll call you soon. I love you -t"

With a warm heart she clutches the small Post-it note to her chest. Smiling like a teenage fool, she slips her way out of bed and pads around Taylor's bedroom. Although she realizes she's been here 1 million times she has not actually looked around. And she's happy that she does this morning, Taylor had framed three photos of the two of them and placed them across her dresser. When she turns around and looks now to Taylor side of the bed, she sees a another photo of them on the small bedside stand, hugging Taylor happily from behind in her kitchen. The feeling inside her is one she's never felt before, she makes her way into the bathroom and takes a steaming hot shower to wash away the anxiety of tonight. Opening her own business was huge, especially a studio that a lot of artists can use and will end up depending on. Karlie is responsible for all of it, at this point she's decided she still learning and she has time to figure all this out. In the back of her mind however she constantly reminds herself this is her first vast responsibility and Karlie needs to be serious.

Before she even knows it Karlie has gotten out of the shower. She wraps herself in a warm white towel, her body steaming as she enters the cool bathroom air. Rolling up her hair in a separate towel she carefully peers up and out of Taylor's bathroom window. As she unfortunately expects, paparazzi are waiting outside. Clearly unaware that Taylor had already left, but just praying to catch Karlie leaving here. Groaning, she quickly throws on a dark pair of sweats and quickly tosses her towels into the laundry. Packing up some stuff she may need she grabs her phone and leaves the bedroom. Karlie quickly makes her way downstairs to feed the cats and leave. The task is quiet and both of them are satisfied, at least as much as she can make them, then she takes the key Taylor's given her and makes her way to the front door.

Outside she's greeted by Taylor security that's left behind. They're able to run her through the small group of paparazzi that have stayed and she shutters a little bit inside, not knowing how they're going to pull off that story. Another photo to add to Tree's PR nightmare is that Karlie's been caught already leaving or entering Taylor's apartment a few times this week, people were talking and both of them knew it but neither of them were saying anything to each other about the situation.

It all just frustrated the singer, and by the time she reaches her house to get ready for the opening she doesn't even remember how she's gotten there. It took Karlie weeks to find the outfit she wanted and although the weather rather chilly and sometimes her glam squad a little extra, she felt like that was what she needed. All of tonight was about her, she felt like she needed that little extra attention for this special event. Her biggest goal is just to make Taylor proud she's done enough for the woman, it's the least Karlie can give her back.

As soon as she's safe inside her apartment and is about to dial Taylor, Karlie is whisked away to her kitchen by her hair and makeup friends.

"I have to call Taylor quickly." She expresses as she places the last cheek kiss and side hug to every person in the room. Sitting down on her chair she pulls out her phone as the glam team starts setting up. Hitting send, butterflies rush through her. When did this happen to me?