Chapt.10

Taylor hasn't heard from Karlie. It's been two days since she told her she loved her, two days since Karlie walked out the front door, and two days of pure havoc Karlie has caused in the media.

Every time Taylor searches her name in google it's as if a whole new article shows up. "Karlie Kloss; Singer Parties till early morning." That was just the beginning of them. After that article was published many followed, from her side of things it looked like an absolute pr mess. Karlie was digging herself holes too deep to get out of, and it was not the end. As Taylor sits in her kitchen with a bagel and waits for her friend to arrive, her phone pings, alerting her of a text message from Tree. It was just a link. With a furrowed brow, she clicks the link and the headline that greets her makes her heart sink.

"Karlie Kloss, mouths off to paparazzi." As Taylor scrolls down the article with baited breath she feels awful. It tells how Karlie was headed home from being out last night, and as paparazzi hounded her she snapped. Allegedly dropping all kinds of "fuck you's" and empty threats. Taylor can't handle seeing Karlie that way, she locks her phone and slides it aside, right when she does a knock comes at the door.

Sliding out of her chair, Taylor straightens her casual button up and makes her way to the front door. When she opens it she sees who she's expecting, greeting the model with a hug Taylor steps aside and welcomes Lily inside.

"I'm just having a late breakfast in the kitchen," Taylor comments as they walk back to the kitchen together. "Would you like anything?" She asks but Lily politely declines.

"Anything to drink?" Taylor tries, always wanting to be a gracious host, no matter the situation.

"Actually, an orange juice would be great if you have it." Lily responds, slipping off her black peacoat and draping it lightly around the back of her chair before sitting down across from Taylor's on seat. The singer nods and pours her friend a glass before returning to her own seat.

"Thank you for coming over." Taylor says quietly, she doesn't want interactions with Lily to be weird. They've been friends far too long for that kind of behavior and Taylor has nothing to even hold against her. She doesn't own Karlie, Karlie is her own person who had a life before the singer. Just as Taylor had a life as well. Pasts truly don't matter.

"I'm glad you invited me. I wanted to apologize for the other day."

"Oh please, don't." Taylor interrupts quickly.

Lily reaches across the table, taking Taylor's hands in her own and waiting to speak until Taylor looked her directly in the eyes.

"Please, I'd like to apologize. What I said was ridiculous and out of line. Especially because I didn't tell you either. Nothing is wrong with you and Karlie being together, I actually very much support it." Lily states strongly, finishing in her usual sing-song tone and infamous smile that doesn't fail in making Taylor crack her own. Unfortunately it's short lived when she reminds herself of what's happened, her strike of sadness isn't missed by Lily.

"Uh oh," Lily mumbles, lowering her posture. "Did something happen between you two?" She asks softly.

Taylor shrugs, trying to ignore the sting of tears threatening to spill from her worn blue eyes. She looks down, fiddling with her hands before looking back up at her friend; waiting with an encouraging look.

"After we saw you things were, weird. I had only recently found out about you two and she won't go into the details, but I don't push. Anyways, I, told her something. She left right after."

Taylor's words are a stumbled mess covered in heartache. Lily's own heart beats faster when Taylor mentions knowing about the old couple. She bites her lip nervously and hesitates, taking a moment and a big breath before answering Taylor again.