Chapt. 7

*AN; sorry for any spelling mistakes I've been writing this for a week and haven't read it over. xx -shay*

When the sun comes up the next morning and dances it's way along the New York City buildings, singer Karlie Kloss is wide awake and ready for her day.

Sleep was not on her side last night as her brain seemingly wouldn't shut off and leave her alone. There was an overwhelming state of guilt to her, no matter how much she's trying to keep a positive tone for the day. No matter how difficult that may be, she was going to try.

As she scans her apartment for breakfast and realizes she's in desperate need to go grocery shopping, Karlie sighs and rests her forehead against a cabinet as she dials her security and hopes she isn't too much of an ass to be waking them up.

She's relieved though when one of her body guards, Ian, answers almost immediately.

"Karlie? Are you alight?" He inquires in a rushed manor.

"Yes?" Karlie answers lightly, she almost doesn't understand until she looks at the clock and sees it's not even seven in the morning yet. Lightly she shakes her head and speaks again, "I'm sorry to wake you I just can't sleep and then I realized I'm totally out of groceries.." she explains, trailing off with her words and biting her lip anxiously for his response.

There's a small chuckle on the other line and a smile tugs at the corners of Karlie's lips. She loved all of her security like family but she was hands down the closest to Ian. He went with her almost everywhere and has been by her side since day one. She knew what he was thinking.

"Now I don't mean to overstep my boundary but I think you're lack of groceries might be due to the lack of time you've spent in your apartment lately." Ian says calmly, "I was actually surprised you didn't stay last night." He adds, Karlie doesn't hide her wide smile now as she jogs upstairs and gathers her keys and wallet, and then makes her way back downstairs to her kitchen.

"You just say that because you're all becoming buddies with Taylor's security." Karlie says in a light, mocking manor.

"How can I help?" Ian asks finally and Karlie let's out a sigh.

"I don't need security for a bit, I think I'm going to bring breakfast to Taylor's." Karlie thinks aloud, "Could you maybe just get the necessities while I'm out?" She asks, hating that she's asking her security to pick her up groceries but she knows if she brought it up Ian would shoot her down and insist that they're there for things like that.

"No problem, Karlie. Do you need a ride?" Ian asks her, knowing sometimes Karlie could prefer walking more than anything, despite how unsafe that could be.

"I think I'll walk, thank you. Could you just do one more thing? Can you please call that rainbow bagel place and get a dozen box to go? Taylor loves those, she can't understand how 'colors can taste so good'." Karlie mocks lightly, turning her own smile bigger than it already was, just the thought of Taylor's goofiness was enough to make Karlie miss her even more.

"Absolutely, walk safe. Let me know when you arrive please."

"Bye Ian, thank you!"

When Karlie has hung up and finds herself alone again, she takes a deep breath and with a heavy mind she grabs her phone and keys before slipping on a coat and heading out the door.

Slipping her headphones in and putting some sunglasses on to protect her eyes from the sun on the vast buildings, a small nostalgic feeling washes over her. She bares a small smile as she shuffles her playlist and walks at a fast pace to the bakery. Not only taking in consideration that Taylor wakes up earlier than any human ever should, but she didn't want to be caught by paparazzi.