The End is just the Beginning

I wrote this book a little too quickly so I'm going back and editing. I also have a new book out, "Anger Issues" please check it out. Sorry editing may take a while... being a senior is hard... I dread adulting.~
(Wooooo I'm no longer a senior.... I'm now a medicated jobless*recently*adult who has all the time, but her depression won't let her do anything with it.I'm here to rewrite and edit. (01/2022).)

The end of the world was only the beginning of this girl's story. Who is this girl you may ask? Well, her name is Eliana and her life is about to make a huge turn for the worst.

-

The end began when a war broke out. Humans were all but destroyed when the werewolves and vampires revealed themselves. The power struggle between both races was so explosive that they couldn't hide from public eye anymore. Explosive was literal as well. Werewolves hidden in the ranks got ahold of lots of bombs. This gave them a pull in the war.

The city this story takes place in was called, BrookHaven. The only thing in the city that was even left were a few buildings. A car dealership about a block away the roof caving in, what looks like a hotel about half the floors were falling apart, and a clothing store with no clothes in it, they were all out on the street. The rest of the city looked like bombs were set off in the middle of it, there was a large hole in one spot and horrific damage around it. The thing is, there weren't  any bombs used in this city, that was just how destructive and strong both werewolves and vampires were, not saying humans, because they all ran and screamed. The military had tried their best in protecting the humans but in vain. Humans are pathetic and did not last in this event of war. Each side utilized blending in so most of the military was wolves. The vampires were more or less introverts so they had less blending and more hiding. They preferred to eat in the dark. The wolves wanted to be able to shift in the light of day so they were the first to make the move in the war. The werewolves were the victors, obviously, and the vampire and human race paid for it, it's said everything comes with a cost. This cost caused a girl to be one of the last females of the human race.

A family in the city hid in a tiny apartment in the poor section. It was falling apart and the landlord didn't care about repairs and the city was too broke down to care that he didn't care. There was enough holes in the walls that a brother and a sister hid long enough for the war to just pass right by. The parents however... went out one day and never came back. The brother raised his sister from then on and that brings us to where we are now.

Eliana was sketching on a random dirty piece of paper she found in one of the other apartments when her brother, Matt, shouts for her. At least that's what she had thought of herself. She sighs before wading up the paper and throwing it half hazardously on the floor. She gets up and brushes her pants off and heads down the hall towards his voice. She enters the kitchen area and studies her brother for a moment. Matt always said he looked more like their mother with the green eyes and straight brown hair, short, almost buzzed. He said she looked more like their father, with ice blue eyes and curly black hair, but Eliana barely remembered since she was only about four years of age when her parents were slaughtered.

Eliana was only nineteen and was very independent, stubborn, and cut throat. Matt may have raised her, but he definitely could not control her. She knew he absolutely hated that she would venture out of the apartment and taunt the wolves. Fortunately, Matt had been trained in Boot Camp and had been home before being shipped off when the war had occurred. So she has some training with guns and knives. The circumstances were less than admirable so you had to take what you could get.

Thankfully, they weren't the only survivors. A few blocks down in another building were the other few survivors, all men. Eliana didn't really pay attention enough to know what the other guys looked like. She didn't really care much about them. It was just her and her brother in her mind.

"Eliana, are you going to go get our stock of food for this month?" Matt asks holding the curtain away from the window. He turns to look at her to see her leaning against the doorway, fiddling with a knife.

Eliana shakes her head after zoning out and sighs, "Yeah I forgot." She gets up before sliding the knife in her boot and walking over to the hooks next to the door and pulling her bag off and putting it over her shoulder. She inwardly curses, she couldn't risk forgetting to get any stock because it was hard to get anything past the werewolves. Forgetting stock meant starving and smelling terrible.

"Well, you better hurry before the moon rise," Matt says looking out the window again sternly before turning around to look at her again. The moonrise was the only time the wolves caused chaos to survivors they found. During the day, they couldn't be bothered with all the pack hierarchy shit. That what Eliana thought anyways, she didn't really care.

"I'm always back before moon rise," Eliana mutters. She pulls her bag farther onto her shoulder and tucks a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

Matt walks over to her and grabs her face, "I'm sorry if I'm too hard on you, I just want to look out for you."

"I know and you need to know I'm not a little girl who can't protect herself," Eliana says looking at her brother.

"I remember when you were only four and the first werewolf attacked," Matt says looking down confused, "The only weird thing was that it seemed keen on taking you not killing you."

Eliana gives Matt a blank stare, "Well I'm here today because I kicked its ass."

Matt chuckles, "Yeah right, I had to distract it long enough for the mongrel to shift and I took him down before snapping his neck."

Eliana rolls her eyes. Her brother was very cocky but very protective her. Especially around the other male survivors. If one looked at her too long he turned into a drill sergeant ripping the asshole of a new recruit.

"Well, I should head out before the moon rises," Eliana says pushing his hands away and unconsciously pushes her bag onto her shoulder again before opening the door and walking out into the world of a broken society.

~Finished Editing (01/04/2022)~