twenty seven

"Have you talked to him at least?" Calum tries. I shake my head weakly.

"No, I haven't." I go back to listing the things I'll be needing to buy before everything happens. Calum scoffs and stands up.

"You're selfish, you know that?" I bite my lip hoping he'll stop talking because I hate it. I hate talking about him and how this will all end.

I stand up and turn around, "Stop reminding me then! I know it. Why do you think I never wanted to like anyone at this point? My senior year!" I argue.

"You knew something was going to happen but you didn't stop it. You knew he liked you but you went with it and then what? And then this!" Calum argues back. I can't pack when we'll be arguing the whole day can I?

"You're selfish. I know you and Harry aren't dating but hell! Harry wanted to pursue you. Harry likes you a lot Niall and I don't think you should have kept it from him."

"So, what? I should just drop my scholarship from my dream University for someone who's probably just going to leave me? Is that it? Should I do that, Calum? Is that right?"

Calum squints and it's kind of scary because he's a buff guy and definitely taller so seeing him pissed at me. My hearts beating so fast I can't breathe. It doesn't seem right, I know. What else was I supposed to do though?

"You know what? Why don't you just fucking tell him you're moving to Australia. Niall, the guy likes you so much, why do you think he's going to leave you like you're not worth anything? You have no idea how fucking crazy he gets when you talk or just pass by each other!" I bite my lip and sit down on my bed.

"He makes me happy, Cal. It's fucking terrifying to know that he could hurt me in a snap if he wants to. It's hard, it's scary. Terrifying." Calum then leans on my dresser, sighing.

"Is this all because of Hailey?"

I scoff, "No, it was all before Hailey, bro. Relationships and feelings or whatever just scare me. I don't want to go through what other people have gone through. With Hailey, I thought I was wrong but, yeah. I was right. I've seen love or whatever that shit is die too many times to be brave enough to try it. I just– I don't know. God, Harry's honestly like the nicest people I've almost dated. He's worth it Cal. It drives me nuts at night sometimes." I take a deep breath.

"You know, he's the longest you've kept up with. I know you sort of felt like he likes you but I noticed. I noticed how you didn't push him away almost immediately." I smile because yeah, Calum's right. I feel like Harry's actually real and not just there for the fun.

"I like him a lot, Cal. It's ridiculous." Calum laughs lightly.

"Tell him." Calum suggests. I look up at him and he stares back with his eyebrow quirked up.

"Uhm, I accepted it. The offer, I mean. They want me there at uni next week." I rub my face with both of my hands in frustration. I hear Calum take a deep breath.

"Then do what you have to do. I'll be out for lunch with the band. Just, I don't know. Good luck, Niall."

_______________
HELLO YES IM SO SORRY BUT HERE IT IS.

AN UPDATE.

ya'll i hope you missed me i miss writing from the heart not because i'm required to aka researches, essays, and other boring schoolworks that aren't so enjoyable one bit 😭

NIALL THOUGH WHAT THE FUCK