Chapter 1

They didn't have a body, yet they still dug their shovels into the earth, making the hole deeper and deeper. Maybe it was to release all their anger at letting this happen, or maybe they just wanted to occupy their minds with something other than grief.

The hole wasn't deep enough for a body, since they just wanted to bury a few flowers for him, they didn't want anyone to discover this secret burial ground.

Tears glistened in each of their eyes as they dug, they could remember the last time they needed to dig, but this wasn't like the last time.

Last time it was just new recruit, but this, this was more than just a recruit. It was their best friend, their leader. Someone they had known for years, yet here they were, honoring his death.

The ceremony was quiet, it mostly consisted of their sobs. A few of them said some words, flowers were thrown into the hole, and then they covered them in dirt.

Again, there was no body, but that didn't make it hurt any less. It hurt more, because they let this happen, they made a mistake, and he had taken the bullet for them.

But that was always their plan, their Plan B, a fail safe. The backup plan they never needed....

Until they did.

---------------------------------

"Alright! Does everyone know the plan?" The Canadian looked up from the blueprint of the building, his brown eyes scanning his friends face, looking for any trace of confusion. When there was none, he continued.

"And does everyone remember the backup plan?" He asked, even though they would never need it, they had to have a Plan B. He once again looked at his friends, seeing a few of them shake their heads, looks like he had to explain again.

"If anything goes wrong, I'll create a distraction while you guys escape, we'll meet back here, got it?" He knew they did, they had from day one. It was a risky plan, but backup plans don't have to be great, you just need an outline of what to do under pressure.

The group was not prepared to use it on that mission.

-----------------------------------

They walked into the apartment, the apartment they had left just hours ago, looking forward to coming home and celebrating a successful mission.

He was supposed to meet them back here.

But that didn't happen, instead they walked in, completely silent. Once they had all shuffled into the entrance hall, they waited, just for a few seconds, hoping to hear their leader start yelling at them to put their gear away. Or, as he had always said, 'Put your shit away or else no takeout!' It was stupid, but they always looked forward to it.

As they put their gear away, still not a word was spoken, the reality slowly started to sink in.

He was gone, and he wasn't coming back.

----------------------------

They parked the car about a block from their target, the most guarded bank in Los Santos, nothing they couldn't handle. Once the car rolled to stop, he turned towards them, grinning.

"You guys ready?" He asked, a gleam of excitement in his eyes. They nodded enthusiastically, of course they were ready, they always were.

Two of them entered the bank, while two others outside created a distraction to lure the guards away. Luckily there was one right by the entrance, looks like it was time to see if they would make good actors.

"Excuse me sir, I don't mean to bother you but there was no one else around and my boyfriend and I just saw a young girl getting cornered by some man. We thought it was best to tell you than handle the situation by ourselves." One of them said, sounding panicked while the other rubbed his hand comfortingly, an Oscar worthy performance.

The security guard looked at the couple, then turned towards his friend, nodding his head towards the direction the pair had come from. He then turned back to the actors. "Thank you for telling us, we'll take care of it." He said, walking swiftly in the direction they had come from, his friend following behind. Once they had disappeared around the corner, the boys spoke into their earpieces.

"Guards are distracted, hurry." The one with the blue hoodie said, while his boyfriend dug their masks out of his backpack.

They looked through the glass doors of the bank entrance, no guards, they must all be checking security cameras, or on break. Police were never that good in this city, but you can't be too reliant on that.

The couple slipped their masks on and walked into the bank, slipping their guns out from behind their backs. The hooded one fired into the air.

"Everyone down on the ground!" He shouted, pointing his gun at the civilians and shooting any guards that rushed out while his partner took the bank assistant to the vault.

"Three minutes." One of their friends said in the earpiece.

"Mini, how we doing on those security files?" The Canadian said into his earpiece, the robbery was a distraction, they just wanted to get in to their security files and camera feed. This was the only bank that had files they didn't own.

"Almost done, Vanoss." Craig said, continuing to type furiously at his laptop, since he was still in the van.

"Two minutes." Wildcat said, his voice sounding confident, they were usually good with small time periods like this.

Emphasis on usually.

--------------------------------------

It took twenty minutes to put everything away, something that used to take under two, because everything felt wrong. Walking in the apartment felt wrong, opening a door, driving back home. It was all wrong.

Jonathan had taken the worst of it, they could tell. He had barely spoken since the incident, he didn't even speak at the ceremony. It was too hard for him.

When they got home, Jonathan didn't want to put his gear away, because that meant going to their room, the one he shared with him. In fact, it wasn't even really his gear, it was their's.

He felt numb as he walked down the hall, it didn't feel real. Sure, there was a ceremony and he was there when it happened, but he didn't accept yet. He put his hand on the doorknob, his eyes glistened as tears sprung into them, turning his vision glossy.

Looking into the room broke him. He closed the door behind him, put down the bag he was holding and collapsed onto the ground, crying.

They heard him crying all throughout the house. They had wondered how long it would take, considering they were dating.

He cried for hours, curled up in a ball on the floor, he hadn't moved. He refused, he couldn't look at their bed, all their pictures, all the gifts they had gotten each other.

Anything that used to make him smile, only made him cry harder.