Chapter 10

Over the next few days Evan slept in the guest room, the guys using the excuse that they had his stuff put into storage and they would need to go get it back. Evan hadn't remembered anything else other than the memory he had when he had first spent the night there.

Luckily, no one had asked him anything about remembering things, so it seemed he was in the clear for now. And he wanted it to stay that way. It was funny to him, he had only been there a few days and he was already keeping secrets, but at least he trusted the guys. And they trusted him back, it was all good, everything is fine.

-----------------------------

About a week later, after Evan had gotten used to the guys and the apartment and after the guys had gotten used to Evan being back from the dead, Jonathan knew the guys had to go on a mission. It had been too long since they had completed the mission from Nanners, they needed something to do beside help Evan remember. They still had a reputation to uphold.

So once again Jonathan slaved over a plan for a few nights, trying to perfect any flaw he could find in it. But he knew that he was secretly trying to figure out a way to tell Evan about them. He didn't want to be cliche and wait until he remembered, because Jonathan knew he couldn't last that long without saying anything.

Especially when he would have to wait at least two months until Evan could remember anything.

------

A couple days later, Nanners had arranged another meeting with the crew, except this time it was via email. Which of course was coded, luckily Mini was excellent with computers.

The meeting was at midnight, and the guys were arguing about whether or not one of them should stay to watch Evan.

---------

"We'll only be gone for a few hours, Jonathan. He'll be fine." Lui said, glad that Evan couldn't hear them through the walls of the planning room.

"But what if something happens?"

"Everything has been fine in the past."

"Yeah but this isn't the past, this situation is so different from the past it might as well be another universe!" Craig exclaimed, finally voicing his internal worries.

"What if Nanners get suspicious that one of us is missing? We can't have other gang, especially the MMB, thinking we have a liability." Tyler argued, looking at Craig.

"Especially if we agree to always leave one of us here watching him." Lui pitched in, backing Tyler up.

"Oh god we sound like we're arguing about a five year old." Brock said, face-palming.

"Okay, how about this, we leave him alone this time, and afterwards we can make a decision?" Jonathan offered, attempting to make a compromise.

The guys looked at one another, the compromise seemed reasonable. They would leave Evan there for tonight, and if things went bad, one of them would stay to watch him, if not, they'll leave him alone.

"It's not like we haven't done this before." Jonathan said, remembering when Evan had broken his leg and they had to leave him behind for a few days so he could rest. Reluctantly, the guys agreed, deciding Evan would be fine for one night.

--------

Delirious ran ahead of him as the building was collapsing, the targets had a backup plan if anything went wrong apparently. Vanoss kept close behind, a distance of only a couple of feet between them.

"Wildcat! Where are you guys?" Delirious asked into his ear piece, trying to decide which side of the building they should be on.

"We're out back! The coast is clear!" Wildcat replied, relief in his voice as he realized his friends were safe.

Delirious looked over his shoulder at Vanoss, jerking his head in the direction of the staircase. Vanoss nodded as Delirious turned, pushing on the door that led to the stairs. It was locked. He walked back a few steps and rushed at the door just as heard a scream from behind him.

He turned to see Vanoss on the floor, a giant rock crushing his left leg. "Del! Help!" He pleaded, trying to push the rock only to wince at the pain in his leg.

Abandoning the door for now, Delirious rushed towards Vanoss and pushed the rock off, wincing as he heard a gasp of pain from Vanoss.

"Can you walk?" Delirious asked as helped him up, Vanoss took one step and fell towards the floor, shaking his head.

Suddenly the building started to collapse again, so Delirious picked Vanoss up bridal style and ran towards the stairs, speaking quickly into his ear piece.

"Wildcat, can you guys bring the van around the side? Vanoss is hurt and can't walk." Just as he said that Vanoss started coughing from the dust that had been created from the rubble.

"Yeah, sure. We'll be right there, tell him to hang in there."

They were on the third floor, Delirious was rushing down the stairs as fast as he could, reassuring Vanoss, who was about to pass out, that they were gonna make it.

"It's ok, Vanoss. We're gonna make it, just a little farther. Hang in there." Delirious said as he reached the final flight of stairs, rushing down as swiftly and carefully as possible.

By the time he had reached the side entrance, Vanoss had passed out in his arms. Panicking, he rushed out the door and saw the van right in front of him, Mini was in the doorway, gesturing with his hands for him to hurry.

He ran into the van and put his friend down as Wildcat started to drive off. Moo rushed to Vanoss' aid, asking Delirious what happened before checking his vitals.

"I-I was opening the door to the stairs then I heard a loud noise so I turned around, to make sure Vanoss was okay, but his left leg got crushed  by a giant rock. So I helped him move the rock and carried him down here. He can't walk." Delirious explained, panic evident in his voice.

Moo inspected his leg, which had taken the most damage. "He has a broken leg, I don't have the equipment on me, but I can tell it's pretty bad. He passed out from the pain and lack of clean oxygen. He should be fine." He explained, looking at Delirious, who nodded.

"Are you hurt?" Mini asked, closing his laptop once he had gotten the police off their trail. They didn't have time to drive around until they gave up on them today. They had to take Vanoss home.

Delirious shook his head, Vanoss was the only one who had gotten hurt.

"Hey, he's gonna be fine. He's always fine." Mini said, placing a reassuring hand on Delirious' arm.

He's always fine.