Chapter 17

Next week is my spring break and I'm hoping I can update twice. :)
Also, sorry about the late update. I had a ton of schoolwork to do.
-----------

"Trust me." His face was covered with a mask, and a serious tone in his voice as he reached his hand out to the inmate. "I'm rescuing you, idiot." He growled after a few moments of silence.

The man inside looked at him skeptically, his hands in handcuffs and the collar of his orange jumpsuit pulled up messily. "Why?" He said, police sirens beginning to sound in the distance.

"We don't have time for a Q&A! Either come with me or rot in prison for the rest of your life!" The masked man growled, his eyes narrowed, although the inmate couldn't see them.

Sighing, the inmate grabbed the man's hand, allowing him to help him out of the prison truck. The masked man smirked, aware that the man in front of him couldn't see it.

"Great, now follow me if you want to live." He said dryly, walking away without bothering to check behind him.

Jonathan rolled his eyes as he forced down an angry remark, following the masked man with little question in his mind. After all, he did indeed want to live and this man seemed to know what he was doing as he dodged the approaching cop cars.

The man had led him to a black van a few blocks away, the door opened to reveal a few others, all masked except for the driver who was just wearing sunglasses.

"Moo, drive." The man that rescued him said to the driver, who was 'Moo'.

"Yes sir." Moo replied, pulling out of the alleyway as someone in a pig mask freed him of his handcuffs. Jonathan rubbed his wrists, barely noticing that the cuffs had started to dig into his skin.

"Thanks." Jonathan said, taking a look around the vehicle. Moo was driving, the pig mask was sitting next to him, and the man in the owl mask was on his other side, his mask drawn up to let just his mouth show and his head tilted back against the van. "Where are we going?"

"Have to lose the cops." Pig man said, looking to the owl. "You ok Vanoss? Are you hurt?" He asked, moving a little closer to his friend.

'Vanoss' nodded. "I'm just tired, didn't get much sleep last night." He replied, taking his mask all the way off, running a hand through his raven hair. "I think this mask got hotter somehow, I could barely breathe in there."

Vanoss lifted his head up, and Jonathan was immediately taken aback by how friendly his eyes were. They were chocolate brown and had a sparkle about them.

And from just once glance, Jonathan was in love.

-~-~-~

Eventually, the man in the pig mask took his mask off as well, revealing his short, light brown hair and his blue eyes. He turned back to the raven-haired man and smiled. "Looks like someone was tired."

Jonathan followed his gaze and saw that Vanoss was fast asleep, his chest rising and falling with each calming breath.

Then, Moo announced that they had arrived. "Where are we?" Jonathan had asked, wondering where they could have taken him.

"Well, since the cops probably know where you live and will be searching there until we can fix that for you, you'll be staying with us." Pig man- Jonathan had still yet to learn his name- said, taking another glance at Vanoss. "I'll wake him, he's too heavy to carry."

Jonathan thought that Vanoss had looked so peaceful and at ease, he couldn't bare the thought of his friend waking him.

Before he could think, he was already speaking. "Wait," He started, gulping. "I can carry him, it's the least I could do after you've decided to let me stay with you."

Pig man exchanged a glance with Moo, who shrugged in response to his silent question. Sighing, Pig man turned to him with a reluctant nod. "Fine, you can carry him, but I'm watching you, Jail bird." He said, his voice containing the undertone of a growl.

Jonathan nodded, carefully scooping Vanoss into his arms, trying not to wake him.

--------------

Jonathan woke up in the hotel bed, blinking the sleep from his eyes as he sat up. Looking around the room, he saw his friends were still asleep, and he assumed everyone in the other room was too.

Everyone was scattered across the room, Tyler and Craig shared the other bed-Jonathan knew that they would be together soon- Lui was asleep on the floor near the window, and the others probably had a similar sleeping arrangement in the other room. Last night they had all been so tired that when they reached the room it was first come first serve in terms of where they slept.

Jonathan reached for his phone off the small bedside table in the middle of the room, squinting his eyes from the sudden bright light.

3 AM.

He laid back down, bundling himself in blankets and closed his eyes, putting his phone back as he tried to sleep once again.

And it wasn't until he had spent twenty minutes trying that he realized why he had woken up in the first place.

He felt ice cold, and had an awful feeling in the pit of his stomach, which had filled him with dread and fear.

His eyes shot open, and a single, lone thought jumped into his head as quickly as the split second it took him to sit up once more, fear tearing through him like an icy claw.

Evan. He's not ok.

-------------
I AM SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!! I had a ton of schoolwork and this week has been super stressful to me and this chapter was supposed to be longer but the end was rushed and I'm so so sorry. I tried so hard to be consistent with this book and I can't even handle updating on the right day. The only thing that nothing in my life could interfere with and I screwed it up, I'm sorry.

But hopefully there will be a double update next week for both of my books, Memory and Protection From Hell (which you should totally check out if you haven't already). Again I'm really sorry but I actually have schoolwork to continue right now but I just wanted to update and not leave you hanging so yeah. Again, so so so so so SO sorry!

BAII
-Chaos