Chapter 4

He felt blood drip down the side of his face from a cut in his forehead, he couldn't remember what caused the injury, but he knew it was there. The same way he could feel the bullet wound in his stomach. Both of the stung.

He tried to move his arm, but too much pain shocked his body into staying still, that seemed like the best option.

Maybe I had friends with me, he thought, trying to figure out a solution to his problem.

They'll come back for me, they'll help me.

He waited in the rubble for two days.

--------------------

It had now been six months since the accident. And in that time they had managed to complete one successful bank robbery, leaving the vault completely empty and not giving the police a chance to chase them.

They had learned their lesson about the police.

----------

A few weeks after the robbery, when they had finally shifted their gear back into working gear, they received a letter.

"Who's it from?" Craig asked as he worked on his computer on the kitchen table, organizing his files.

"Um, it doesn't say on the envelope, should I open it?" Lui asked, turning the blank envelope over and over to find a name.

"Maybe we should open it with everyone in the room?" Craig suggested, tearing his eyes away from his computer screen.

"Yea, I think that seems best. Who knows, maybe it's important." Lui said, tucking the note into his pocket as he walked towards the living room where mostly everyone had gathered.

"Hey, anyone know where Jonathan is?" He asked, looking for their new leader.

"I think he might be in the planning room." Tyler said, his gaze not leaving the TV. Lui nodded and headed down the hall to where the planning room was. He knocked on the door, knowing Jonathan could hear it.

The door cracked opened just a bit to reveal Jonathan. "Oh, hey Lui. What can I do for you?" He sounded tired, Lui could even see that Jonathan had muffled a yawn.

"Oh, we just got this letter in the mail and it seemed important so I thought we could read it together." Lui held the envelope up.

Jonathan nodded. "I'll be right there, let me just clean some of this mess up. Ok?" Lui nodded and Jonathan closed the door.

--------------------------

"You're the only one in here, why do you bother to keep things in order?"

"Because I like knowing exactly where everything is."

"Well if you make a mess of it, I'm pretty sure you can know where everything is in it."

"Very funny, Jonathan, but organization is just what I'm used to. I don't want to miss anything that could be hiding underneath a gigantic mess, so I only keep out what I need. Then everything else goes put away."

"Well, guess there's no getting through to you, huh?"

"To each their own, I don't tell you how to live your life."

"Yet you organize everything and anything we share."

"At least I don't organize everything you own, so be grateful."