Chapter 12

It was 4:30 AM by the time Evan had come out of the shock of his newest memory. He knew he should tell someone, probably tell everyone but there was something keeping him from doing so.

Maybe it was his memory, but that didn't seem to be it. It was more of just a mental wall holding him back.

Once again, he was keeping his memories a secret. Maybe because Brock had told him it would take a couple months to remember anything and he felt like he was remembering too fast.

Shaking his head, Evan thought about what to do next, knowing he wouldn't be able to return to sleep. Still feeling shaky, he decided to make the bed before he did anything else. Almost like a calming tactic, he wasn't sure.

By 5:30, Evan had taken a shower, changed into regular clothes, and organized the small amount of clothes he had. To say he was still on edge was an understatement.

While he was deciding what to do next, Evan's stomach growled. He sighed, realizing he had to leave the room to eat.

He quietly opened the door to his room, closing it behind him as he walked to the kitchen, trying to be quiet since he knew everyone was asleep.

By 6:35, Evan had cooked breakfast for everyone who lived in the apartment. He sat down at the table with a plate and ate quietly, staring off into space.

At 7:06, Evan had just finished cleaning up his plates when Tyler walked in, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Morning Tyler!" Evan greeted as he dried his hands on his sweatshirt.

"Ev, its way too early for this shit why are you up?" Tyler said with a yawn, still half asleep.

"I don't know, but I made breakfast?"  Evan said, gesturing to the food that was on the stovetop.

That caught Tyler's attention because he looked up in surprise. "Really? You actually made food?"

Evan nodded. "Yeah, I got bored."

"You got bored? So you decided to make food?" Tyler asked in bewilderment as he made his way to the table.

"Yeah, you want some?" Evan asked.

"Hell yeah I want some! I'm lazy as hell." Tyler joked, sitting down.

Evan chuckled and prepared a plate for him, glad he wasn't the only one awake right now.

"Here you go." Evan said as he placed a plate in front of Tyler, then walking to the living room and laying on the couch.

"Thanks Ev!" Tyler said as he dug into the food.

"No problem Tyler." Evan called as he turned on the TV, glad he was useful in some way for once. There's actually not much for someone with amnesia to do.

A few minutes later, everyone else wandered into the kitchen, yawning and half asleep as well, except Jonathan, who was undoubtedly still asleep.

"Morning!" Evan called from the couch.

"Guys, Evan made food!" Tyler said excitedly, gesturing towards his plate, which was half empty already.

"Is it poisoned or something? Is he already trying to kill us?" Brock joked as he made his way to the stove.

"I heard that, you ungrateful prick!" Evan jokingly called from the couch, chuckling.

By 7:23 everyone was eating breakfast, constantly complimenting Evan on his cooking skills. Jonathan still hadn't woken up yet, which was surprising considering the guys were not exactly trying to be quiet.

Eventually, Evan decided to go back to his room, try to get a few more hours of sleep. He stood up from the couch, turning the TV off as he walked out of the living room.

But just as he reached the hallway entrance, Evan suddenly felt out of breath. Pain spread throughout his head as he collapsed to floor on his hands and knees, breathing hard.

"Evan!" Tyler exclaimed as he rushed towards his side. "Are you ok, what's wrong?"

Brock appeared at his other side as blood started to drop from Evan's nose. "It's normal for someone with his condition. Get him back on the couch, c'mon he needs to lie down." He said, lifting up a barely conscious Evan.

"One of you, get a tissue for his nose." Tyler instructed as they laid Evan down on the couch. Just as they did Craig appeared with a tissue.

After they had cleaned Evan up they let him rest on the couch, since he had already passed out.

"What was that about?" Tyler asked Brock as they all sat down once again, glancing at Evan every few moments or so.

"It's probably his mind trying to gather his memories again, it's common with this type of amnesia. It will probably happen again, some worse than others. Just so you know, he probably won't be in a very good mood when he wakes up so try to lay off the questions, ok?" Brock answered, also glancing at Evan with worry.

"Alright, but do you know when it's going to happen again?"

"There really isn't a way to tell, he won't act out of the ordinary, so we won't really be able to tell until he actually passes out."

"Is he always going to pass out?" Lui asked, contributing to the conversation.

"No, sometimes he'll just feel really light headed and have to sit down or something. But he's most likely going to pass out most of the time because of his extreme amnesia." Brock answered, trying to not use a whole lot of medical terminology that his friends wouldn't understand.

Speaking of friends, Jonathan had just stepped out of the hallway, glancing around the room in confusion.

"What the hell happened here?"